Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Lexington, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Lexington, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Lexington or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every scenario has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Lexington, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Lexington or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial hardship of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Lexington, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our staff of well-informed lawyers specializing in sexual misconduct in Lexington, MO is wholeheartedly committed to protecting your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Give us a call immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Lexington, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached consultation to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. Accusations of sexual misconduct in Lexington and throughout Missouri can lead to three specific charges, which include:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another individual to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of incarceration and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, it is a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Lexington, MO. In addition to jail time, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Additionally, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Lexington, MO, you may be obligated to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Lexington, MO attorneys are committed to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right away if you are facing any of the above allegations in Lexington, MO or contact us online to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Lexington, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Lexington or anywhere else in Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Additionally, you are entitled to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense lawyers in Lexington, MO can help walk you through the legal process, which can be especially lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Lexington, MO sexual misconduct attorney will accompany you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
How a Lexington, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Lexington, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can navigate the legal complexities and strive for a positive resolution. Seeking counsel from an adept criminal defense attorney in Lexington, MO, especially one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to protect your rights and build a robust defense. Our Lexington, MO lawyers will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Assess the potential violations of your rights
- Examine witness reliability
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team makes sure that the citizens of Lexington, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Lexington, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Lexington, MO
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you’re facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be entirely at fault. The Lexington, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get it, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your job, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the principle that people are innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Lexington or any other location within Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Give us a call now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it’s so critical to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently complex from a legal standpoint, irrespective of the jurisdiction within Lexington or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense lawyers in Lexington, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Lexington, MO sexual misconduct attorney will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence obtained against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Constructing a Formidable Defense: Our Lexington, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Lexington, MO case, multiple facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the specifics of your scenario, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In certain scenarios, your Lexington, MO Combs Law attorney may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Trial Advocacy: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Lexington or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct attorney will present your case persuasively, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable outcome.
Connect With a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Lexington, MO Today | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Lexington, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad circumstances. We firmly maintain that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering defense team as you confront criminal charges, be it in Lexington or elsewhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Lexington, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.