Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Lawrence County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Lawrence County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Lawrence County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Lawrence County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Lawrence County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Lawrence County, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our team of knowledgeable sexual misconduct lawyers in Lawrence County, MO is devoted to safeguarding your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Lawrence County, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation case review to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. Allegations of sexual misconduct in Lawrence County and throughout Missouri can lead to three specific charges, which include:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another person to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of jail time and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Lawrence County, MO. Along with imprisonment, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Furthermore, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Lawrence County, MO, you may be required to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Lawrence County, MO attorneys are committed to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Lawrence County, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Lawrence County, MO
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Lawrence County or any other part of Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you are entitled to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense lawyers in Lawrence County, MO are here to guide you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Lawrence County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will accompany you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
How a Lawrence County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Lawrence County, MO. But, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Seeking counsel from an adept criminal defense lawyer in Lawrence County, MO, especially one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to safeguard your rights and build a robust defense. Our Lawrence County, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and examine how it was obtained
- Assess the potential violations of your rights
- Examine witness reliability
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team makes sure that the citizens of Lawrence County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Lawrence County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Lawrence County, MO
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, frequently presuming complete culpability. The Lawrence County, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this hardship, and we are committed to mitigating the potential consequences that these allegations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is important to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the premise that individuals accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Lawrence County or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so critical to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently complex from a legal standpoint, irrespective of the jurisdiction within Lawrence County or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense lawyers in Lawrence County, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Lawrence County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This includes ensuring that any evidence obtained against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Constructing a Strong Defense: Our Lawrence County, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Lawrence County, MO case, multiple facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the specifics of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In some situations, your Lawrence County, MO Combs Law lawyer possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Litigation Proficiency: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Lawrence County, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will present your case persuasively, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable verdict.
Contact a Lawrence County, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Today | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Lawrence County, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad situations. We firmly maintain that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Lawrence County or elsewhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Lawrence County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free consultation.