Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Lake St. Louis, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Lake St. Louis, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Lake St. Louis or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Lake St. Louis, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Lake St. Louis or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Lake St. Louis, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our team of well-informed sexual misconduct lawyers in Lake St. Louis, MO is devoted to protecting your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Lake St. Louis, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. Accusations of sexual misconduct in Lake St. Louis and throughout Missouri can lead to three specific charges, which include:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another person to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, this constitutes a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Lake St. Louis, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Lake St. Louis, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Additionally, our skilled Lake St. Louis, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Lake St. Louis, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our online contact form to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Lake St. Louis, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Lake St. Louis or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you are entitled to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our Lake St. Louis, MO sexual misconduct defense attorneys can help walk you through the legal process, which can be particularly lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Lake St. Louis, MO sexual misconduct attorney will accompany you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Give us a call right away at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Lake St. Louis, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Lake St. Louis, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal complexities and work toward a favorable outcome. Consulting with a skilled Lake St. Louis, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, particularly one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to safeguard your rights and construct a strong defense. Our Lake St. Louis, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and examine how it was obtained
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team ensures that the citizens of Lake St. Louis, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Lake St. Louis, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Lake St. Louis, MO
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you are facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be entirely at fault. The Lake St. Louis, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get this unfortunate difficulty, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your career, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the premise that people are innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Lake St. Louis or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized attorneys in this field:
- Legal Expertise: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently complex from a legal standpoint, regardless of the jurisdiction within Lake St. Louis or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense attorneys in Lake St. Louis, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence obtained against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Building a Strong Defense: Our Lake St. Louis, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Lake St. Louis, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiation Skills: In certain scenarios, your Lake St. Louis, MO Combs Law attorney possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Litigation Proficiency: If your case goes to trial in Lake St. Louis or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct attorney will articulately present your case, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable outcome.
Reach Out to a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Lake St. Louis, MO Now | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the accusations lodged against you in Lake St. Louis, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad circumstances. We firmly maintain that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Lake St. Louis or elsewhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free case review.