Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Laclede County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Laclede County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Laclede County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every scenario has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Laclede County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Laclede County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial burden of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Laclede County, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our staff of well-informed lawyers specializing in sexual misconduct in Laclede County, MO is wholeheartedly devoted to safeguarding your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Laclede County, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation consultation to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. There are three distinct charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Laclede County and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another individual to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of jail time and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, it is a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Laclede County, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Laclede County, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Moreover, our skilled Laclede County, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Laclede County, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our online contact form to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Laclede County, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Laclede County or anywhere else in Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you have the right to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our Laclede County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyers are here to guide you through the legal process, which can be especially lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Laclede County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will accompany you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Laclede County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Laclede County, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal complexities and strive for a positive resolution. Consulting with a skilled Laclede County, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, particularly one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to safeguard your rights and build a strong defense. Our Laclede County, MO attorneys will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team makes sure that the residents of Laclede County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Laclede County, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Laclede County, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you’re facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be entirely at fault. The Laclede County, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get it, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your job, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the premise that people are innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Laclede County or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Give us a call right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, no matter the jurisdiction in Laclede County or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Laclede County, MO have the knowledge and experience to navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Laclede County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence obtained against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Building a Strong Defense: Our Laclede County, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Laclede County, MO case, numerous facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiation Skills: In certain scenarios, your Laclede County, MO Combs Law lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Trial Advocacy: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Laclede County or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct lawyer will present your case persuasively, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable verdict.
Connect With a Laclede County, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Today | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Laclede County, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals entangled in bad circumstances. We firmly believe that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering defense team as you confront criminal charges, be it in Laclede County or elsewhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Laclede County, MO today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free case review.