Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Holt County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Holt County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Holt County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Holt County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Holt County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial burden of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Holt County, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our team of well-informed sexual misconduct lawyers in Holt County, MO is devoted to safeguarding your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Call us as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Holt County, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached consultation to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. There are three distinct charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Holt County and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another person to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of incarceration and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, it is a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Holt County, MO. Along with imprisonment, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Additionally, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Holt County, MO, you may be obligated to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Holt County, MO attorneys are dedicated to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right away if you are facing any of the above allegations in Holt County, MO or contact us online to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Holt County, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Holt County or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you have the right to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our Holt County, MO sexual misconduct defense attorneys can help walk you through the legal process, which can be particularly lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Holt County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will guide you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
How a Holt County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Holt County, MO. But, with the right legal representation, you can navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Seeking counsel from an adept criminal defense attorney in Holt County, MO, particularly one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to protect your rights and build a robust defense. Our Holt County, MO lawyers will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and examine how it was obtained
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team makes sure that the citizens of Holt County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Holt County, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Holt County, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you are facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be entirely at fault. The Holt County, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get it, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your career, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the principle that people are innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Holt County or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Give us a call right away at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our lawyers who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently intricate from a legal standpoint, irrespective of the jurisdiction within Holt County or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense lawyers in Holt County, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Holt County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence brought forth against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Constructing a Formidable Defense: Our Holt County, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Holt County, MO case, numerous facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the specifics of your scenario, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In certain scenarios, your Holt County, MO Combs Law lawyer possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Trial Advocacy: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Holt County, MO, our sexual misconduct attorney will present your case persuasively, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable verdict.
Contact a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Holt County, MO Today | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the accusations lodged against you in Holt County, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad circumstances. We firmly believe that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering defense team as you confront criminal charges, be it in Holt County or elsewhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Holt County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free case review.