Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Glendale, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Glendale, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Glendale or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Glendale, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Glendale or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial burden of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Glendale, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our team of well-informed sexual misconduct lawyers in Glendale, MO is dedicated to protecting your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Call us immediately at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Glendale, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached case review to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. Accusations of sexual misconduct in Glendale and throughout Missouri can lead to three specific charges, which include:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another individual to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of incarceration and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual commits sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Glendale, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Glendale, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Moreover, our skilled Glendale, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Glendale, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Glendale, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Glendale or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you are entitled to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense attorneys in Glendale, MO can help walk you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Glendale, MO sexual misconduct attorney will accompany you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
How a Glendale, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Glendale, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can navigate the legal complexities and strive for a positive resolution. Seeking counsel from a skilled criminal defense lawyer in Glendale, MO, particularly one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to protect your rights and build a robust defense. Our Glendale, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Assess the potential violations of your rights
- Examine witness reliability
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Provide a resolute defense if necessary, challenging the jury to determine whether the prosecution has substantiated your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team makes sure that the residents of Glendale, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Glendale, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Glendale, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you are facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be 100 percent at fault. The Glendale, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get this unfortunate difficulty, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your career, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the premise that people are innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Glendale or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense lawyer. Call us right away at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our lawyers who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, regardless of the jurisdiction in Glendale or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Glendale, MO have the knowledge and experience to navigate the complexities of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Glendale, MO sexual misconduct attorney will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This includes ensuring that any evidence brought forth against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Building a Strong Defense: Our Glendale, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Glendale, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiating Expertise: In certain scenarios, your Glendale, MO Combs Law attorney possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Trial Advocacy: If your case goes to trial in Glendale, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will articulately present your case, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable verdict.
Connect With a Glendale, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Right Away | Combs Law Group
Regardless of the nature or severity of the allegations against you in Glendale, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people caught in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and committed professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Glendale or anywhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Glendale, MO right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.