Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Fayette, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Fayette, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Fayette or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every scenario has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Fayette, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Fayette or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial hardship of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Fayette, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our team of well-informed lawyers specializing in sexual misconduct in Fayette, MO is wholeheartedly committed to safeguarding your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Fayette, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached case review to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. Accusations of sexual misconduct in Fayette and throughout Missouri can lead to three specific charges, which include:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another individual to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of jail time and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Fayette, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Fayette, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Additionally, our skilled Fayette, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right now if you are facing any of the above allegations in Fayette, MO or contact us online to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Fayette, MO
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Fayette or any other part of Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you have the right to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense lawyers in Fayette, MO can help walk you through the legal process, which can be especially lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Fayette, MO sexual misconduct attorney will guide you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
How a Fayette, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Fayette, MO. But, with the right legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal complexities and work toward a favorable outcome. Consulting with a skilled Fayette, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, especially one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to safeguard your rights and build a strong defense. Our Fayette, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team ensures that the citizens of Fayette, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Fayette, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Fayette, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you are facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be entirely at fault. The Fayette, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get this unfortunate difficulty, and we fight to limit the impact these charges can have on you, your career, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the premise that individuals are innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Fayette or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently complex from a legal standpoint, irrespective of the jurisdiction within Fayette or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense lawyers in Fayette, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Fayette, MO sexual misconduct attorney will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This includes ensuring that any evidence brought forth against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Constructing a Strong Defense: Our Fayette, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Fayette, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiating Expertise: In some situations, your Fayette, MO Combs Law attorney possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Trial Advocacy: If your case goes to trial in Fayette or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct attorney will present your case persuasively, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable outcome.
Contact a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Fayette, MO Right Away | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the allegations against you in Fayette, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals entangled in bad situations. We firmly believe that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Fayette or elsewhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Fayette, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free case review.