Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Excelsior Springs, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Excelsior Springs, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Excelsior Springs or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every scenario has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Excelsior Springs, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Excelsior Springs or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial burden of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Excelsior Springs, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our staff of knowledgeable sexual misconduct attorneys in Excelsior Springs, MO is devoted to safeguarding your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Give us a call immediately at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Excelsior Springs, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation consultation to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. There are three distinct charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Excelsior Springs and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another person to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of incarceration and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, this constitutes a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Excelsior Springs, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Excelsior Springs, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Moreover, our skilled Excelsior Springs, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Excelsior Springs, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Excelsior Springs, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Excelsior Springs or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Also, you are entitled to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense attorneys in Excelsior Springs, MO are here to guide you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Excelsior Springs, MO sexual misconduct attorney from Combs Law Group will guide you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Excelsior Springs, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Excelsior Springs, MO. However, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Consulting with a skilled Excelsior Springs, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, particularly one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to safeguard your rights and build a strong defense. Our Excelsior Springs, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team ensures that the residents of Excelsior Springs, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Excelsior Springs, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Excelsior Springs, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, often presuming complete culpability. The Excelsior Springs, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this hardship, and we are committed to mitigating the potential consequences that these allegations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is vital to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the premise that individuals accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Excelsior Springs or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Give us a call right away at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently intricate from a legal standpoint, irrespective of the jurisdiction within Excelsior Springs or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense lawyers in Excelsior Springs, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Excelsior Springs, MO sexual misconduct attorney will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence brought forth against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Constructing a Formidable Defense: Our Excelsior Springs, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Excelsior Springs, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiation Skills: In certain scenarios, your Excelsior Springs, MO Combs Law lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Trial Advocacy: If your case goes to trial in Excelsior Springs, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will articulately present your case, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable outcome.
Reach Out to a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Excelsior Springs, MO Now | Combs Law Group
No matter the nature or severity of the accusations lodged against you in Excelsior Springs, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people caught in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and dedicated professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Excelsior Springs or anywhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Excelsior Springs, MO today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free case review.