Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Daviess County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Daviess County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Daviess County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every situation has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Daviess County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Daviess County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial burden of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Daviess County, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our staff of well-informed sexual misconduct attorneys in Daviess County, MO is devoted to protecting your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Daviess County, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation consultation to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. Accusations of sexual misconduct in Daviess County and throughout Missouri can lead to three distinct charges, which include:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another person to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person commits sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, this constitutes a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Daviess County, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Daviess County, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Moreover, our skilled Daviess County, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right away if you are facing any of the above allegations in Daviess County, MO or contact us online to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Daviess County, MO Sexual Misconduct Legal Process
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Daviess County or anywhere else in Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you are entitled to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense lawyers in Daviess County, MO can help walk you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Daviess County, MO sexual misconduct attorney from Combs Law Group will accompany you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Daviess County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Daviess County, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Seeking counsel from a skilled criminal defense attorney in Daviess County, MO, particularly one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to protect your rights and build a robust defense. Our Daviess County, MO lawyers will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Assess the potential violations of your rights
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Provide a resolute defense if necessary, challenging the jury to determine whether the prosecution has substantiated your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team ensures that the citizens of Daviess County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Daviess County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Daviess County, MO
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, often presuming complete culpability. The Daviess County, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this hardship, and we are committed to mitigating the potential consequences that these allegations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is vital to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the premise that individuals accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Daviess County or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it’s so critical to at least speak to one of our lawyers who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently complex from a legal standpoint, irrespective of the jurisdiction within Daviess County or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense attorneys in Daviess County, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Daviess County, MO will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This includes ensuring that any evidence brought forth against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Building a Formidable Defense: Our Daviess County, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Daviess County, MO case, numerous facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In some situations, your Daviess County, MO Combs Law lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Trial Advocacy: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Daviess County, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will present your case persuasively, deftly cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable verdict.
Contact a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Daviess County, MO Now | Combs Law Group
Regardless of the nature or severity of the accusations lodged against you in Daviess County, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and committed professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Daviess County or anywhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Daviess County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.