Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Clayton, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Clayton, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Clayton or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every situation has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Clayton, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Clayton or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial hardship of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Clayton, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our team of knowledgeable sexual misconduct lawyers in Clayton, MO is dedicated to safeguarding your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Give us a call immediately at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Clayton, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation case review to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. Allegations of sexual misconduct in Clayton and throughout Missouri can lead to three distinct charges, which include:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another individual to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of incarceration and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, it is a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Clayton, MO. Along with imprisonment, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Furthermore, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Clayton, MO, you may be required to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Clayton, MO attorneys are dedicated to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right away if you are facing any of the above allegations in Clayton, MO or fill out our online contact form to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Clayton, MO
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Clayton or anywhere else in Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Furthermore, you are entitled to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our Clayton, MO sexual misconduct defense attorneys are here to guide you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Clayton, MO sexual misconduct attorney from Combs Law Group will guide you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Clayton, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Clayton, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Consulting with a skilled Clayton, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, especially one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to protect your rights and construct a strong defense. Our Clayton, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and examine how it was obtained
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team ensures that the residents of Clayton, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Clayton, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Clayton, MO Sexual Misconduct Case
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, frequently presuming complete culpability. The Clayton, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this hardship, and we are dedicated to mitigating the potential consequences that these accusations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is vital to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the fundamental tenet that people accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Clayton or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our lawyers who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, no matter the jurisdiction in Clayton or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Clayton, MO possess the knowledge and experience to navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Clayton, MO will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence obtained against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Constructing a Formidable Defense: Our Clayton, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Clayton, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiating Expertise: In certain scenarios, your Clayton, MO Combs Law attorney possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Trial Advocacy: If your case goes to trial in Clayton or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct attorney will articulately present your case, cross-examine witnesses, and work to secure a favorable verdict.
Connect With a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Clayton, MO Right Away | Combs Law Group
No matter the nature or severity of the accusations lodged against you in Clayton, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people caught in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and committed professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Clayton or anywhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Clayton, MO now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free case review.