Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Chesterfield, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Chesterfield, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Chesterfield or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense lawyer who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we recognize that every scenario has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Chesterfield, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Chesterfield or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we recognize the emotional and financial hardship of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Chesterfield, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our staff of well-informed attorneys specializing in sexual misconduct in Chesterfield, MO is wholeheartedly committed to safeguarding your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Give us a call immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Chesterfield, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation consultation to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. There are three distinct charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Chesterfield and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another person to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of incarceration and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, this constitutes a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Chesterfield, MO. In addition to imprisonment, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Additionally, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Chesterfield, MO, you may be obligated to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Chesterfield, MO attorneys are committed to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right away if you are facing any of the above allegations in Chesterfield, MO or contact us online to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Chesterfield, MO
If you’re accused of sexual misconduct in Chesterfield or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, including the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Additionally, you are entitled to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense attorneys in Chesterfield, MO can help walk you through the legal process, which can be especially lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Chesterfield, MO sexual misconduct attorney from Combs Law Group will guide you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Call us right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Chesterfield, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Chesterfield, MO. However, with the right legal representation, you can navigate the legal challenges and strive for a positive resolution. Seeking counsel from a skilled criminal defense lawyer in Chesterfield, MO, especially one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to safeguard your rights and construct a robust defense. Our Chesterfield, MO lawyers will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the details of your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our experienced legal team makes sure that the residents of Chesterfield, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Chesterfield, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Chesterfield, MO
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you are facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be 100 percent at fault. The Chesterfield, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get it, and we fight to limit the impact these charges can have on you, your job, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the premise that people are innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Chesterfield or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized attorneys in this field:
- Legal Expertise: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, no matter the jurisdiction in Chesterfield or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Chesterfield, MO possess the knowledge and experience to navigate the complexities of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Chesterfield, MO will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence brought forth against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Building a Formidable Defense: Our Chesterfield, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Chesterfield, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiating Expertise: In some situations, your Chesterfield, MO Combs Law attorney possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Litigation Proficiency: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Chesterfield, MO, our sexual misconduct attorney will present your case persuasively, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable verdict.
Connect With a Chesterfield, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Right Away | Combs Law Group
Regardless of the nature or severity of the allegations against you in Chesterfield, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people caught in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and committed professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Chesterfield or anywhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Chesterfield, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.