Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Camden County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Camden County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Camden County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Camden County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Camden County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we know that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial hardship of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Camden County, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our team of knowledgeable attorneys specializing in sexual misconduct in Camden County, MO is wholeheartedly devoted to protecting your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Give us a call as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Camden County, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation consultation to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct occurs when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. There are three distinct charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Camden County and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another person to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of incarceration and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Camden County, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Camden County, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Moreover, our skilled Camden County, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right away if you are facing any of the above allegations in Camden County, MO or contact us online to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Camden County, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Camden County or anywhere else in Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Additionally, you have the right to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our Camden County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyers can help walk you through the legal process, which can be particularly lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Camden County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will guide you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Call us right away at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Camden County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Camden County, MO. However, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can navigate the legal complexities and strive for a positive resolution. Seeking counsel from an adept criminal defense lawyer in Camden County, MO, especially one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to safeguard your rights and construct a robust defense. Our Camden County, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and examine how it was obtained
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Provide a resolute defense if necessary, challenging the jury to determine whether the prosecution has substantiated your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team makes sure that the citizens of Camden County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Camden County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Camden County, MO
Regrettably, it’s a stark reality in our society that when confronted with accusations of sexual misconduct, a considerable number of individuals are inclined to pass swift and definitive judgment, frequently presuming complete culpability. The Camden County, MO legal professionals at Combs Law Group understand this challenge, and we are committed to mitigating the potential consequences that these accusations may cast upon you, your professional life, and your family. It is important to emphasize that our entire legal system operates on the fundamental tenet that people accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Camden County or any other location within Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Give us a call right away at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized attorneys in this field:
- Legal Expertise: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently complex from a legal standpoint, regardless of the jurisdiction within Camden County or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense lawyers in Camden County, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Camden County, MO sexual misconduct attorney will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This includes ensuring that any evidence obtained against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Constructing a Formidable Defense: Our Camden County, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and build a robust and impermeable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Camden County, MO case, numerous aspects exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In certain scenarios, your Camden County, MO Combs Law attorney possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Litigation Proficiency: If your case goes to trial in Camden County, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will present your case persuasively, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable outcome.
Contact a Camden County, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Today | Combs Law Group
Regardless of the nature or severity of the allegations against you in Camden County, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people caught in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and dedicated professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Camden County or anywhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Camden County, MO right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.