Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Bowling Green, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Bowling Green, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Bowling Green or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Bowling Green, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Bowling Green or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial burden of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Bowling Green, MO.
Time is of the essence. Our staff of well-informed attorneys specializing in sexual misconduct in Bowling Green, MO is wholeheartedly devoted to safeguarding your rights and mounting a vigorous defense on your behalf. With our substantial experience and abundant network, we are fully equipped to pursue the most favorable resolution for your case.
Call us immediately at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Bowling Green, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached case review to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. Allegations of sexual misconduct in Bowling Green and throughout Missouri can lead to three distinct charges, which include:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which could mean up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another individual to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, a person commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, it is a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Bowling Green, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Bowling Green, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Additionally, our skilled Bowling Green, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right now if you are facing any of the above allegations in Bowling Green, MO or fill out our online contact form to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Bowling Green, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Bowling Green or anywhere else in Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Also, you have the right to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense lawyers in Bowling Green, MO can help walk you through the intricate and often lengthy legal process, which typical encompasses:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Bowling Green, MO sexual misconduct attorney will guide you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Bowling Green, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Bowling Green, MO. But, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Seeking counsel from a skilled criminal defense lawyer in Bowling Green, MO, especially one with expertise in sexual misconduct cases, is the most prodent stop to safeguard your rights and build a robust defense. Our Bowling Green, MO attorneys will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and examine how it was obtained
- Assess the potential violations of your rights
- Examine witness reliability
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team ensures that the residents of Bowling Green, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Bowling Green, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Bowling Green, MO
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you are facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be entirely at fault. The Bowling Green, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get this unfortunate difficulty, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your career, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the premise that people are innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Bowling Green or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Expertise: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, regardless of the jurisdiction in Bowling Green or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Bowling Green, MO possess the knowledge and experience to navigate the complexities of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Bowling Green, MO will wholeheartedly champion the preservation of your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This includes ensuring that any evidence obtained against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Constructing a Formidable Defense: Our Bowling Green, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. There is always more than one side of the story, and, depending on the specifics of your Bowling Green, MO case, we may question the credibility of your accuser or challenge the evidence presented by the prosecutor.
- Negotiating Expertise: In some situations, your Bowling Green, MO Combs Law lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Litigation Proficiency: If your case goes to trial in Bowling Green, MO, our sexual misconduct attorney will present your case persuasively, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable outcome.
Contact a Sexual Misconduct Lawyer in Bowling Green, MO Right Away | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the accusations lodged against you in Bowling Green, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals entangled in bad situations. We firmly maintain that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Bowling Green or elsewhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Bowling Green, MO today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free case review.