Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Benton, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Benton, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Benton or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Benton, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Benton or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial hardship of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Benton, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our staff of well-informed sexual misconduct attorneys in Benton, MO is dedicated to safeguarding your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Call us immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Benton, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached consultation to speak about the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. There are three specific charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Benton and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
Sexual Misconduct in the First Degree
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. In the case of a second conviction, it elevates to a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Sexual Misconduct in the Second Degree
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another individual to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual commits sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, this constitutes a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There are no mandatory minimum sentencing requirements for any of these charges in Benton, MO. In addition to jail time, alternative sentencing options may be considered, including probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Additionally, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Benton, MO, you may be obligated to register as a sex offender. The duration of your registration requirement hinges on factors such as your age and the nature of the offense. Our proficient Benton, MO attorneys are dedicated to pursuing charge dismissal or reduction to offenses that do not mandate sex offender registration. Moreover, we can explore the possibility of petitioning for your removal from the registry under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Benton, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Benton, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Benton or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Additionally, you are entitled to a fair trial in accordance with the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection from self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense attorneys in Benton, MO can help walk you through the legal process, which can be especially lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Combs Law Group Benton, MO sexual misconduct attorney will accompany you through each stage, making sure that your rights are upheld and that you get the best possible legal representation and outcome. Call us right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Benton, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Benton, MO. But, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Consulting with a skilled Benton, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, particularly one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to protect your rights and construct a strong defense. Our Benton, MO lawyers will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and examine how it was obtained
- Determine if your rights were violated
- Examine witness reliability
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Provide a resolute defense if necessary, challenging the jury to determine whether the prosecution has substantiated your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team makes sure that the residents of Benton, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Benton, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Benton, MO
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you’re facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be 100 percent at fault. The Benton, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get this unfortunate difficulty, and we fight to limit the impact these allegations can have on you, your job, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the premise that individuals are innocent until proven guilty.
When confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Benton or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it’s critical to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our attorneys who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Proficiency: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, no matter the jurisdiction in Benton or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Benton, MO possess the knowledge and experience to navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group Benton, MO sexual misconduct attorney will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence obtained against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Building a Formidable Defense: Our Benton, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. It is imperative to keep in mind that in any Benton, MO case, numerous facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your scenario, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiation Skills: In some situations, your Benton, MO Combs Law attorney possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. We always leave the ultimate decision up to you, but all of our legal advice is based on what we genuinely believe to be in your best interest.
- Litigation Proficiency: If your case goes to trial in Benton, MO, our sexual misconduct lawyer will articulately present your case, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable outcome.
Reach Out to a Benton, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Today | Combs Law Group
Regardless of the nature or severity of the accusations lodged against you in Benton, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people caught in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and committed professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Benton or anywhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Benton, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.