Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Barry County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Barry County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Barry County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every scenario has multiple aspects, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial difficulties that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Barry County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Barry County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own attorney. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sexual misconduct charge in Barry County, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our team of knowledgeable sexual misconduct lawyers in Barry County, MO is dedicated to safeguarding your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Give us a call immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Our Barry County, MO sex crimes attorney can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-obligation case review to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal guidance.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when someone exposes themselves in a manner and circumstance that would cause shock, offense, or alarm, or when people have sexual intercourse in public. There are three specific charges that a person accused of sexual misconduct can face in Barry County and elsewhere in Missouri, including:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, an individual can be charged with first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, first-degree sexual misconduct is a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095, sexual misconduct in the second degree is defined as soliciting or requesting another person to engage in sexual conduct knowing that it is likely to cause affront or alarm. This is a class C misdemeanor, with a punishment of up to 15 days in jail and a fine of no more than $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This stands as the most serious of sexual misconduct violations. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual commits sexual misconduct involving a child if they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
For a first offense, this constitutes a class E felony, which can result in a maximum prison sentence of up to 4 years and a fine of up to $10,000. In the case of a repeat offender, it escalates to a class D felony, carrying a potential punishment of up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Barry County, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Barry County, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Moreover, our skilled Barry County, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
If you are facing any of the above charges in Barry County, MO, call Combs Law Group right now at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our online contact form to speak with one of our attorneys about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Barry County, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Barry County or any other part of Missouri, it is imperative to be aware of your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Additionally, you have the right to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense attorneys in Barry County, MO are here to guide you through the legal process, which can be particularly lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Barry County, MO sexual misconduct lawyer from Combs Law Group will guide you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Give us a call right away at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
How a Barry County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even allegations of sexual misconduct have the potential to drastically impact your life in Barry County, MO. But, with the right legal representation, you can effectively navigate the legal challenges and work toward a favorable outcome. Consulting with a skilled Barry County, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, especially one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to safeguard your rights and construct a strong defense. Our Barry County, MO attorneys will:
- Actively listen to your perspective
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Review the evidence and the methods used to gather it
- Assess the potential violations of your rights
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Search for any inconsistencies in the accuser’s account
- Negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges reduced or even dismissed
- Provide a resolute defense if necessary, challenging the jury to determine whether the prosecution has substantiated your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team ensures that the citizens of Barry County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to sexual misconduct defense in Barry County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Barry County, MO
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you’re facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be 100 percent at fault. The Barry County, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get it, and we fight to limit the impact these charges can have on you, your career, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the premise that individuals are innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Barry County or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it is of utmost importance to, at the very least, have a conversation with one of our specialized attorneys in this field:
- Legal Expertise: Sexual misconduct cases are legally intricate, regardless of the jurisdiction in Barry County or Missouri, and the consequences of a conviction can be severe – either a misdemeanor or felony depending on the aforementioned circumstances. Our tenacious defense attorneys in Barry County, MO have the knowledge and experience to navigate the complexities of the legal system.
- Protection of Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Barry County, MO will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights at every stage of the legal proceedings. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence obtained against you is admissible and that your rights against self-incrimination are respected.
- Building a Strong Defense: Our Barry County, MO criminal defense lawyer will diligently scrutinize the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, amass pertinent evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. It is imperative to bear in mind that in any Barry County, MO case, multiple aspects exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the particulars of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiation Skills: In certain scenarios, your Barry County, MO Combs Law attorney may be able to negotiate a plea bargain that reduces the charges or penalties you face, if not lead to a complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Trial Advocacy: In the event that your case proceeds to trial in Barry County or anywhere in Missouri, our sexual misconduct attorney will present your case persuasively, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable outcome.
Connect With a Barry County, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Now | Combs Law Group
Regardless of the nature or severity of the accusations lodged against you in Barry County, MO, Combs Law Group was founded on helping good people in bad situations. We believe that you deserve an expert and dedicated professional defense team when you are facing criminal charges in Barry County or anywhere in Missouri.
Give Combs Law Group’s Barry County, MO sexual misconduct defense lawyer a call today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online for a free case review.