Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Audrain County, MO
Sexual misconduct lawyer in Audrain County, MO. If you find yourself under arrest or confronted with allegations of sexual misconduct in Audrain County or any other location within Missouri, the last thing you need is a defense attorney who approaches your case with judgmental attitudes or suspicious glances. At Combs Law Group, we fully comprehend that every situation has multiple facets, and we acknowledge the emotional and financial hardships that accompany facing a sexual misconduct charge in Audrain County, MOIf you have been arrested or are facing charges for sexual misconduct in Audrain County or anywhere else in Missouri, the last thing you want is judgment or sideways glances from your own lawyer. At Combs Law Group, we fully understand that there is always more than one side of the story and we realize the emotional and financial hardship of defending a sexual misconduct charge in Audrain County, MO.
You have no time to waste. Our team of knowledgeable sexual misconduct lawyers in Audrain County, MO is devoted to safeguarding your rights and aggressively fighting for your future. We have the necessary experience and resources at our disposal to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Call us immediately at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online. Our Audrain County, MO sex crimes lawyer can meet with you virtually or in-person for a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the specifics of your case and offer expert legal advice.
What is Considered Sexual Misconduct Under Missouri Law?
Sexual misconduct takes place when an individual engages in conduct that involves exposing themselves in a manner and in circumstances likely to provoke shock, offense, or alarm, or when individuals engage in sexual intercourse in public. Accusations of sexual misconduct in Audrain County and throughout Missouri can lead to three specific charges, which include:
First-Degree Sexual Misconduct
According to the provisions outlined in Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.093, a person may face charges of first-degree sexual misconduct if they:
- Expose their genitals under circumstances in which they know their conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual contact in the presence of a third person or persons under circumstances where they know that such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm
- Have sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse in a public place in the presence of a third person
For a first offense, sexual misconduct in the first degree is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by a potential jail term of up to 6 months and a fine not exceeding $1,000. For a second conviction, it is a class A misdemeanor, which may entail imprisonment for up to one year and a fine of up to $2,000.
Second-Degree Sexual Misconduct
Second-degree sexual misconduct is described under Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.095. It involves the act of soliciting or requesting another person to participate in sexual conduct, knowing that such actions are likely to provoke affront or alarm. This offense is classified as a class C misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 15 days of incarceration and a fine not exceeding $500.
Sexual Misconduct Involving a Child
This is by far the most serious of sexual misconduct offenses. According to Missouri Revised Statutes § 566.083, an individual is charged with sexual misconduct involving a child when they:
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age under circumstances in which they know that the conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the child
- Knowingly expose their genitals to a child less than 15 years of age for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child less than 15 years of age to expose the child’s genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
- Knowingly coerce or induce a child who they know to be less than 15 years of age to expose the breasts of a female child through the Internet or other electronic means for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of anyone, including the child
It is a class E felony for a first-time offender, which carries with it up to 4 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. For a repeat offender, it is a class D felony, the punishment for which is up to 7 years in state prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
There is no mandatory minimum sentencing for any of these charges in Audrain County, MO. Additional sentencing options may also include probation, mandatory counseling, and restitution to the victim. Also, if you are convicted of a sex crime in Audrain County, MO, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender. The length of time you have to remain on the registry will depend on your age and the nature of the crime. We will work hard to dismiss or reduce your charges to ones that don’t require sex offender registry. Moreover, our skilled Audrain County, MO lawyers may be able to help petition for your removal under Missouri Revised Statutes § 589.041.
Give Combs Law Group a call right away if you are facing any of the above allegations in Audrain County, MO or contact us online to talk to one of our lawyers about your case.
Your Rights and the Sexual Misconduct Legal Process in Audrain County, MO
If you find yourself facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Audrain County or any other part of Missouri, it is crucial to understand your rights, which encompass the presumption of innocence, the right to remain silent, and the right to legal counsel. Additionally, you have the right to a fair trial under the Sixth Amendment, due process rights under the 14th Amendment, and protection against self-incrimination as stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
Our sexual misconduct defense lawyers in Audrain County, MO are here to guide you through the legal process, which can be particularly lengthy and complex. It typically involves:
- Evidence gathering
- Pre-trial motions
- Possible plea negotiations
- Trial, if necessary
Your Audrain County, MO sexual misconduct lawyer from Combs Law Group will guide you through every step, ensuring the protection of your rights and striving for the most advantageous legal representation and result. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
How a Audrain County, MO Sexual Misconduct Attorney From Combs Law Group Can Help
Even accusations of sexual misconduct can be life-altering in Audrain County, MO. But, with the assistance of proficient legal representation, you can navigate the legal complexities and work toward a favorable outcome. Consulting with a skilled Audrain County, MO criminal defense lawyer from Combs Law Group, particularly one who specializes in sexual misconduct cases, is your best course of action to protect your rights and build a strong defense. Our Audrain County, MO lawyers will:
- Listen to your side of the story
- Conduct a full investigation into your case
- Scrutinize the evidence and examine how it was obtained
- Assess the potential violations of your rights
- Evaluate the reliability of witnesses
- Look for inconsistencies in the accuser’s story
- Engage in negotiations with prosecutors, seeking to secure change reduction or dismissal
- Defend you at trial if we have to, and challenge the jury on whether or not the prosecution has proven your charges beyond a reasonable doubt
Our skilled legal team makes sure that the residents of Audrain County, MO receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. Along with sexual misconduct defense in Audrain County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many forms of law, including:
The Importance of Legal Representation in a Sexual Misconduct Case in Audrain County, MO
It is truly unfortunate in our society that if you’re facing allegations of sexual misconduct, many will instantly and automatically judge you to be entirely at fault. The Audrain County, MO attorneys at Combs Law Group get it, and we fight to limit the impact these charges can have on you, your career, and your family. After all, our entire legal system operates under the premise that individuals are innocent until proven guilty.
When facing allegations of sexual misconduct in Audrain County or elsewhere throughout Missouri, it is imperative to seek guidance from a seasoned criminal defense attorney. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online. Here’s why it’s so important to at least speak to one of our lawyers who specialize in this area of the law:
- Legal Proficiency: Cases involving sexual misconduct are inherently intricate from a legal standpoint, irrespective of the jurisdiction within Audrain County or Missouri. The potential ramifications of a conviction can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, contingent on the aforementioned circumstances. Our determined defense attorneys in Audrain County, MO possess the profound legal knowledge and experience necessary to adeptly navigate the intricacies of the legal system.
- Safeguarding Your Rights: Your Combs Law Group sexual misconduct attorney in Audrain County, MO will work tirelessly to safeguard your constitutional rights throughout the legal process. This encompasses the assurance that any evidence obtained against you adheres to admissibility standards and that your entitlement to refrain from self-incrimination is duly upheld.
- Building a Strong Defense: Our Audrain County, MO criminal defense lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding the allegations against you, gather evidence, and forge an unwavering, impenetrable defense strategy. It is imperative to bear in mind that in any Audrain County, MO case, numerous facets exist to the narrative, and contingent upon the specifics of your situation, we may cast doubt on the credibility of the accuser or contest the evidence introduced by the prosecution.
- Negotiating Expertise: In some situations, your Audrain County, MO Combs Law attorney possesses the adeptness to engage in negotiations aimed at securing a plea arrangement that mitigates the charges or penalties you are confronted with, and in some instances, even leading to complete dismissal of the case. It is paramount to underscore that the ultimate decision always rests with you; nonetheless, all our legal counsel is grounded in our genuine belief of what serves your best interests.
- Litigation Proficiency: If your case goes to trial in Audrain County, MO, our sexual misconduct attorney will articulately present your case, cross-examine witnesses, and steadfastly labor to secure a favorable verdict.
Connect With a Audrain County, MO Sexual Misconduct Lawyer Right Away | Combs Law Group
Irrespective of the character or gravity of the accusations lodged against you in Audrain County, MO, Combs Law Group was established with the mission of providing support to good individuals caught in bad circumstances. We firmly maintain that you are entitled to a proficient and unwavering team of defense specialists as you confront criminal charges, be it in Audrain County or elsewhere in Missouri.
Call a Combs Law Group sexual misconduct defense attorney in Audrain County, MO today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.