Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The charges against you may be serious, but you have hope in our defense team. Protect your future with the representation of a sex crimes attorney from Combs Law Group.
Sex Crimes Attorney in Wentzville, MO
If you are facing charges related to sex crimes in Wentzville, Missouri, Combs Law Group is here for you and ready to talk about how our group of sex crimes attorneys in Wentzville, MO can help you. Get in touch with our professional team for a complimentary review of your case by filling out our form or via (314) 900-HELP.
The consequences are serious, but you still have protections under the law. You require the aid of a skilled and experienced sex crimes attorney in St. Louis to protect your rights and defend your case. Sex crimes come with significant consequences, which can include prison time, substantial fines, and mandatory a href=”https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/CRID/SOR/factsheet.html” target=”_blank” title=”Missouri sex offender registry fact sheet”>enrollment as a sex offender. Below, our seasoned sex crimes criminal defense lawyers discuss the various types of sex crime charges in Missouri, the potential penalties of a conviction, and how a competent defense attorney from Combs Law Group can advocate you when you face a sex crime.
Kinds of Sex Crime Charges in Missouri
Sex crimes in Missouri span a wide range in terms of nature, gravity, and potential sentences, including everything from sexual assault and rape to child pornography and sexual misconduct involving a minor. Some of the most prevalent sex crime charges in Wentzville, Missouri include:
- Rape: Rape is described as non-consensual sexual activity or penetration. It is a serious felony offense that carries a sentence of anywhere from five years to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 566.030.
- Sexual assault: Sexual assault describes any non-consensual sexual contact, including touching. It is also a serious felony offense that can result in a prison sentence of up to 30 years.
- Statutory rape: In Missouri, it is considered statutory rape when someone engages in sexual activity with a minor. Children under the age of consent are considered too young to be capable of giving informed consent. The age of consent in Missouri is 17 years old, and engaging in sexual activity with a minor under the age of 14 as an adult can result in charges of statutory rape in the first degree.
- Child pornography: Child pornography is the production, distribution, or possession of sexually explicit images or videos involving children under the age of 18. It is a serious felony offense, up to a class B felony, that can result in a prison sentence of up to 30 years, and pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 573.037, you could be subject to separate penalties for each article of child pornography you are accused of possessing.
- Sexual misconduct with a minor: Sexual misconduct with a minor in Missouri involves sexual contact with a minor who is less than 15 years of age, including acts such as exposing one’s genitals or coercing the minor to expose their genitals or breasts. Other forms of sexual misconduct are also prohibited in Missouri, but sexual misconduct with a minor is the most egregious offense under Missouri Revised Statute 566.083, often a class D or E felony, and can result in a penal sentence and other consequences.
Consequences of a Sex Crime Conviction in Wentzville, Missouri
If you are convicted of a sex crime in Missouri, you are faced with harsh consequences that can alter your life for years to come. Each case has its own details, including the evidence presented, the nature of what took place, your previous criminal history, the judge presiding over your case, and competence of your defense lawyer and other factors. Though the consequences of any criminal record are many, some of the primary consequences of a sex crime conviction in St. Louis or Missouri include:
- Prison time: Based on the seriousness of the offense and Missouri law sentencing guidelines, you could face years or even life in prison.
- Fines: As is the case in many criminal felony and misdemeanor charges, you may have to cover substantial fines and court costs.
- Mandatory registration as a sex offender: If you are found guilty of a sex crime in Missouri, you will be required to register as a sex offender for the remainder of your life. This can greatly limit your employment opportunities, housing options, and personal relationships.
- Damage to your reputation: A sex crime conviction will ostensibly tarnish your reputation and impact some of the relationships in your life, from romantic relationships to friends, colleagues, family members, and neighbors.
- Lasting restrictions in your life: The permanent nature of Missouri’s sex offender registry along with the many consequences of a felony conviction, from forfeiting the right to vote and own a firearm to being excluded from jobs, leases, and other opportunities due to background checks, makes it extremely difficult to rebuild your life, even after you’ve served your sentence.
How a Sex Crimes Attorney in Wentzville, MO Can Help You
When you hire Chris Combs to defend you in your Missouri sex offense case in Wentzville, MO, you receive crucial and thoughtfully considered legal guidance and representation throughout your case. An experienced criminal defense attorney in St. Louis can help you by diligently to defend and ensure your rights, including:
- Investigating the charges: Your attorney ooooooo look into the charges against you, interview witnesses, and gather evidence to build a compelling defense.
- Legal advice: We will offer you legal advice regarding your case, address your questions and help you comprehend what to expect before every step throughout the process.
- Negotiating: In some cases, as your defense attorney we can negotiate with the prosecutor to drop the charges, lower the charges to lesser crimes, or come to a pre-plea agreement to prevent the downfalls of a conviction.
- Court representation: We’ll be by your side at every court appearance. Standing in front of a judge can be intimidating and it can be difficult to know what to do. A sex crimes attorney in St. Louis will represent you in court and argue your defense to a judge and jury.
- Plea bargains: If you chose not to go to trial or obtaining the case dismissed is not an option, we can negotiate a plea bargain to secure you a lesser sentence than you would otherwise face.
This situation does not have to destroy your life. With a criminal defense attorney dedicated to your case, you have a chance. As a leading legal defense firm in Wentzville, Missouri, Combs Law Group understands the weighty nature of sex crime charges and the harmful consequences they can have on individuals and their families. Our seasoned sex crimes attorneys have effectively defended many clients against a variety of sex crime and other criminal charges, and we are committed to offering our clients with the best possible legal representation.
St. Louis Sex Crimes Attorney: Protecting Your Rights and Future
Being charged with a sex crime is an unquestionably life-altering experience, with the potential for serious legal penalties and an unquantifiable social cost. At Combs Law Group, we realize the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sex crime charge, and we are here to support you traverse this difficult time.
Our team of seasoned St. Louis sex crimes attorneys is dedicated to protecting your rights and fighting for your future. We have the knowledge, proficiency, and resources needed to provide you with the best possible legal representation, and we are determined to assisting you obtain the best possible outcome in your case. You have no time to waste. Call (314) 900-HELP now.