Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The charges against you may be serious, but you have hope in our defense team. Protect your future by hiring a sex crimes attorney from Combs Law Group.
Sex Crimes Attorney in Pacific, MO
If you are facing accusations related to sex crimes in Pacific, Missouri, Combs Law Group is here for you and ready to talk about how our team of sex crimes lawyers in Pacific, MO can support you. Get in touch with our professional team for a complimentary case review online through our form or by calling (314) 900-HELP.
The consequences are serious, but you still have constitutional rights. You need the aid of a skilled and seasoned sex crimes attorney in St. Louis to safeguard your rights and represent your case. Sex crimes carry significant ramifications, including jail or prison time, exorbitant fines, and mandatory a href=”https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/CRID/SOR/factsheet.html” target=”_blank” title=”Missouri sex offender registry fact sheet”>sex offender registration. On this page, our seasoned sex crimes criminal defense attorneys discuss the different types of sex crime charges in Missouri, the potential penalties of a conviction, and how a proficient defense attorney from Combs Law Group can protect you when you face a sex crime.
Sex Crime Charges in Missouri
Sex crimes in Missouri encompass a broad spectrum in terms of nature, gravity, and potential punishments, ranging from sexual assault and rape to child pornography and sexual misconduct involving a minor. Some of the most prevalent sex crime charges in Pacific, Missouri include:
- Rape: Rape is defined as non-consensual sexual intercourse or penetration. It is a serious felony offense that carries a prison sentence ranging from a five-year jail stint to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 566.030.
- Sexual assault: Sexual assault encompasses any non-consensual physical contact, including groping. It is also a grave felony offense that can result in a penal sentence of up to 30 years.
- Statutory rape: Statutory rape occurs when an individual has a sexual encounter with a minor who is below the age of consent, as they are treated as incapable of giving informed consent because of their young age. The age of consent in Missouri is 17 years old, and engaging in sexual activity with a minor under the age of 14 as an adult can result in charges of statutory rape in the first degree.
- Child pornography: Child pornography involves the creation, distribution, or possession of obscene images or videos involving children under the age of 18. It is a serious D or B felony offense that can result in a prison sentence of up to 30 years, and pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 573.037, you could be subject to individual sentences for each individual piece of child pornography you are accused of possessing.
- Sexual misconduct with a minor: Sexual misconduct with a minor in Missouri involves sexual contact with a minor who is under the age of 15, including acts such as exposing one’s genitals or coercing the minor to expose their genitals or breasts. Other forms of sexual misconduct are also prohibited in Missouri, but sexual misconduct with a minor is the most egregious offense under Missouri Revised Statute 566.083, often a class D or E felony, and can result in a prison sentence and other consequences.
Consequences of a Sex Crime Conviction in Pacific, Missouri
If you are convicted of a sex crime in Missouri, you are subject to serious consequences that can impact your life for years to come. Each case has its own details, including the evidence presented, the nature of what took place, your previous criminal history, the judge presiding over your case, and skill of your defense lawyer and other factors. Though the consequences of any criminal record are many, some of the primary consequences of a sex crime conviction in St. Louis or Missouri include:
- Prison time: Based on the severity of the offense and Missouri law sentencing guidelines, you could receive years or even life in prison.
- Fines: As is the case in many criminal felony and misdemeanor charges, you may have to settle considerable fines and court costs.
- Mandatory registration as a sex offender: If you are convicted of a sex crime in Missouri, you will be compelled to register as a sex offender for the remainder of your life. This can significantly limit your employment opportunities, housing options, and personal relationships.
- Damage to your reputation: A sex crime conviction will ostensibly harm your reputation and affect some of the relationships in your life, from romantic relationships to friends, colleagues, family members, and neighbors.
- Lasting restrictions in your life: The permanent nature of Missouri’s sex offender registry along with the many consequences of a felony conviction, from losing the right to vote and own a firearm to being excluded from jobs, leases, and other opportunities due to background checks, makes it exceedingly difficult to rebuild your life, even after you’ve served your sentence.
How a Sex Crimes Attorney in Pacific, MO Can Help You
When you hire Combs Law Group to protect you in your Missouri sex offense case in Pacific, MO, you enjoy crucial and thoughtfully considered legal guidance and representation throughout your case. An experienced defense attorney in St. Louis can help you by diligently to defend and protect, including:
- Investigating the charges: Your attorney ooooooo investigate the charges against you, interview witnesses, and gather evidence to build a compelling defense.
- Legal advice: We will give you legal advice regarding your case, respond to your questions and help you understand what to expect before every step throughout the process.
- Negotiating: In some cases, as your defense attorney we can negotiate with the prosecutor to drop the charges, lower the charges to lesser crimes, or come to a pre-plea agreement to avoid the downfalls of a conviction.
- Court representation: We’ll be by your side at every court appearance. Standing in front of a judge can be intimidating and it can be difficult to know what to do. A sex crimes attorney in St. Louis will represent you in court and argue your defense to a judge and jury.
- Plea bargains: If you opt not to go to trial or getting the case dismissed is not an option, we can discuss a plea bargain to obtain you a lesser sentence than you would otherwise face.
This situation does not have to destroy the life you’ve built. With a sexual offenses defense attorney dedicated to your case, you have a chance. As a leading criminal defense firm in Pacific, Missouri, Combs Law Group recognizes the weighty nature of sex crime charges and the damaging consequences they can have on individuals and their families. Our seasoned sex crimes attorneys have successfully defended many clients against a variety of sex crime and other criminal charges, and we are dedicated to offering our clients with the best possible legal representation.
St. Louis Sex Crimes Attorney: Protecting Your Rights and Future
Being charged with a sex crime is an unquestionably life-altering experience, with the potential for severe legal penalties and an unquantifiable social cost. At Combs Law Group, we acknowledge the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sex crime charge, and we are here to assist you traverse this difficult time.
Our team of knowledgeable St. Louis sex crimes attorneys is dedicated to protecting your rights and fighting for your future. We have the knowledge, experience, and resources needed to deliver you with the best possible legal representation, and we are committed to helping you obtain the best possible outcome in your case. You have no time to waste. Call (314) 900-HELP now.