Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Orchard Farm, MO
The charges against you may be serious, but you have hope in our defense team. Protect your future by hiring a sex crimes attorney from Combs Law Group.
Sex Crimes Attorney in Orchard Farm, MO
If you are facing charges related to sex crimes in Orchard Farm, Missouri, Combs Law Group is here for you and ready to talk about how our team of sex crimes attorneys in Orchard Farm, MO can help you. Get in touch with our knowledgeable team for a free case review online through our form or via (314) 900-HELP.
The consequences are serious, but you still have legal rights. You need the support of a competent and experienced sex crimes attorney in St. Louis to protect your rights and represent your case. Sex crimes carry serious ramifications, including a prison sentence, substantial fines, and mandatory a href=”https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/CRID/SOR/factsheet.html” target=”_blank” title=”Missouri sex offender registry fact sheet”>sex offender registration. Below, our seasoned sex crimes defense attorneys explore the various categories of sex crime charges in Missouri, the potential consequences of a conviction, and how a capable defense attorney from Combs Law Group can defend you when you are accused of a sex crime.
Sex Crime Charges in Missouri
Sex crimes in Missouri encompass a broad spectrum in terms of substance, gravity, and potential punishments, including everything from sexual assault and rape to child pornography and sexual misconduct involving a minor. Some of the Orchard Farm, Missouri sex crime cases we take on include:
- Rape: Rape is defined as non-consensual sexual intercourse or penetration. It is a grave felony offense that carries a prison sentence of anywhere from a five-year jail stint to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 566.030.
- Sexual assault: Sexual assault encompasses any non-consensual physical contact, including touching. It is also a grave felony offense that can result in a prison sentence of up to 30 years.
- Statutory rape: Statutory rape occurs when an individual has a sexual encounter with a minor who is below the age of consent, as they are treated as incapable of giving informed consent because of their young age. The age of consent in Missouri is 17 years old, and engaging in sexual activity with a minor under the age of 14 as an adult can result in charges of statutory rape in the first degree.
- Child pornography: Child pornography is the production, distribution, or possession of sexually explicit images or videos involving children under the age of 18. It is a serious felony offense, up to a class B felony, that can result in a penal sentence of up to 30 years, and pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 573.037, you could be subject to separate penalties for each individual piece of child pornography you are accused of possessing.
- Sexual misconduct with a minor: Sexual misconduct with a minor in Missouri involves sexual contact with a minor who is less than 15 years of age, including acts such as exposing one’s genitals or coercing the minor to expose their genitals or breasts. Other forms of sexual misconduct are also prohibited in Missouri, but sexual misconduct with a minor is the most egregious offense under Missouri Revised Statute 566.083, often a class D or E felony, and can result in a penal sentence and other consequences.
Consequences of a Sex Crime Conviction in Orchard Farm, Missouri
If you are found guilty of a sex crime in Missouri, you are subject to severe consequences that can impact your life for many years. Each case is different and depends on the evidence presented, the nature of what happened, your previous criminal history, the judge presiding over your case, and competence of your defense lawyer and other factors. Though the consequences of any criminal record are many, some of the primary consequences of a sex crime conviction in St. Louis or Missouri include:
- Prison time: In accordance with the severity of the offense and Missouri law sentencing guidelines, you could face years or even life in prison.
- Fines: As is the case in many criminal felony and misdemeanor charges, you may have to cover considerable fines and court costs.
- Mandatory registration as a sex offender: If you are convicted of a sex crime in Missouri, you will be required to register as a sex offender for the remainder of your life. This can significantly limit your employment opportunities, housing options, and personal relationships.
- Damage to your reputation: A sex crime conviction will ostensibly tarnish your reputation and affect some of the relationships in your life, from romantic relationships to friends, colleagues, family members, and neighbors.
- Lasting restrictions in your life: The permanent nature of Missouri’s sex offender registry along with the many consequences of a felony conviction, from losing the right to vote and own a firearm to being excluded from jobs, leases, and other opportunities due to background checks, makes it extraordinarily difficult to rebuild your life, even after you’ve served your sentence.
How a Sex Crimes Attorney in Orchard Farm, MO Can Help You
When you hire Combs Law Group to protect you in your Missouri sex offense case in Orchard Farm, MO, you enjoy essential and thoughtfully considered legal guidance and representation throughout your case. An experienced legal attorney in St. Louis can help you by putting in extensive effort to defend and ensure your rights, including:
- Investigating the charges: Your attorney ooooooo investigate the charges against you, interview witnesses, and gather evidence to build a solid defense.
- Legal advice: We will offer you legal advice regarding your case, answer your questions and assist you comprehend what to expect before every step throughout the process.
- Negotiating: In some cases, as your defense attorney we can discuss terms with the prosecutor to drop the charges, reduce the charges to lesser crimes, or come to a pre-plea agreement to avoid the downfalls of a conviction.
- Court representation: We’ll be by your side at every court appearance. Standing in front of a judge can be intimidating and it can be challenging to know what to do. A sex crimes attorney in St. Louis will represent you in court and argue your defense to a judge and jury.
- Plea bargains: If you chose not to go to trial or achieving the case dismissed is not an option, we can negotiate a plea bargain to secure you a lesser sentence than you would otherwise face.
Do not let this wreck the life you’ve built. With a sexual offenses defense attorney dedicated to your case, you have a chance. As a leading legal defense firm in Orchard Farm, Missouri, Combs Law Group recognizes the weighty nature of sex crime charges and the devastating consequences they can have on individuals and their families. Our experienced sex crimes attorneys have successfully defended countless clients against a variety of sex crime and other criminal charges, and we are committed to supplying our clients with the best possible legal representation.
St. Louis Sex Crimes Attorney: Protecting Your Rights and Future
Being charged with a sex crime is an unquestionably life-altering experience, with the potential for harsh legal penalties and an unquantifiable social cost. At Combs Law Group, we recognize the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sex crime charge, and we are here to assist you manage this difficult time.
Our team of knowledgeable St. Louis sex crimes attorneys is dedicated to protecting your rights and fighting for your future. We have the know-how, background, and resources needed to offer you with the best possible legal representation, and we are committed to helping you attain the best possible outcome in your case. You have no time to waste. Call (314) 900-HELP now.