Sex Crimes Attorney in Manchester, MO
If you are facing accusations related to sex crimes in Manchester, Missouri, Combs Law Group is here for you and ready to talk about how our group of sex crimes attorneys in Manchester, MO can help you. Get in touch with our professional team for a complimentary case review online through our form or via (314) 900-HELP.
The stakes are high, but you still have constitutional rights. You need the assistance of a knowledgeable and experienced sex crimes attorney in St. Louis to protect your rights and defend your case. Sex crimes carry serious consequences, including jail or prison time, exorbitant fines, and mandatory a href=”https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/CRID/SOR/factsheet.html” target=”_blank” title=”Missouri sex offender registry fact sheet”>sex offender registration. On this page, our skilled sex crimes defense lawyers outline the various types of sex crime charges in Missouri, the potential consequences of a conviction, and how a proficient defense attorney from Combs Law Group can defend you when you are accused of a sex crime.
Sex Crime Charges in Missouri
Sex crimes in Missouri span a wide range in terms of substance, severity, and potential punishments, including everything from sexual assault and rape to child pornography and sexual misconduct involving a minor. Some of the Manchester, Missouri sex crime cases we take on include:
- Rape: Rape is described as non-consensual sexual intercourse or penetration. It is a grave felony offense that carries a sentence ranging from five years to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 566.030.
- Sexual assault: Sexual assault involves any non-consensual physical contact, including groping. It is also a grave felony offense that can result in a prison sentence of up to 30 years.
- Statutory rape: In Missouri, it is considered statutory rape when someone engages in sexual activity with a minor. Children under the age of consent are seen as incapable of giving informed consent because of their young age. The age of consent in Missouri is 17 years old, and an adult who engages in sexual activity with a child under the age of 14 can result in charges of statutory rape in the first degree.
- Child pornography: Child pornography is the production, distribution, or possession of pornographic material involving children under the age of 18. It is a severe felony offense, up to a class B felony, that can result in a prison sentence of up to 30 years, and pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 573.037, you could be subject to separate penalties for each article of child pornography you are accused of possessing.
- Sexual misconduct with a minor: Sexual misconduct with a minor is defined in Missouri law as sexual contact with a minor who is less than 15 years of age, including acts such as exposing one’s genitals or coercing the minor to expose their genitals or breasts. Other forms of sexual misconduct are also illegal in Missouri, but sexual misconduct with a minor is the most serious offense under Missouri Revised Statute 566.083, often a class D or E felony, and can result in a penal sentence and other consequences.
Consequences of a Sex Crime Conviction in Manchester, Missouri
If you are found guilty of a sex crime in Missouri, you are faced with serious consequences that can alter your life for many years. Each case has its own details, including the evidence presented, the nature of what took place, your previous criminal history, the judge presiding over your case, and capability of your defense lawyer and other factors. Though the consequences of any criminal record are many, some of the primary consequences of a sex crime conviction in St. Louis or Missouri include:
- Prison time: Depending on the seriousness of the offense and Missouri law sentencing guidelines, you could be subject to years or even life in prison.
- Fines: As is the case in many criminal felony and misdemeanor charges, you may have to settle substantial fines and court costs.
- Mandatory registration as a sex offender: If you are convicted of a sex crime in Missouri, you will be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. This can significantly limit your employment opportunities, housing options, and personal relationships.
- Damage to your reputation: A sex crime conviction will ostensibly harm your reputation and affect some of the relationships in your life, from romantic relationships to friends, colleagues, family members, and neighbors.
- Lasting restrictions in your life: The permanent nature of Missouri’s sex offender registry along with the many consequences of a felony conviction, from forfeiting the right to vote and own a firearm to being excluded from jobs, leases, and other opportunities due to background checks, makes it extremely difficult to rebuild your life, even after you’ve served your sentence.
How a Sex Crimes Attorney in Manchester, MO Can Help You
When you hire Combs Law Group to protect you in your Missouri sex offense case in Manchester, MO, you enjoy crucial and meticulously evaluated legal guidance and representation throughout your case. An experienced legal attorney in St. Louis can help you by working hard to defend and protect, including:
- Investigating the charges: Your attorney ooooooo investigate the charges against you, interrogate witnesses, and compile evidence to build a strong defense.
- Legal advice: We will provide you legal advice regarding your case, answer your questions and help you understand what to expect before every step throughout the process.
- Negotiating: In some cases, as your defense attorney we can engage in negotiations with the prosecutor to drop the charges, lower the charges to lesser crimes, or come to a pre-plea agreement to sidestep the downfalls of a conviction.
- Court representation: We’ll be by your side at every court appearance. Standing in front of a judge can be daunting and it can be hard to know what to do. A sex crimes attorney in St. Louis will represent you in court and argue your defense to a judge and jury.
- Plea bargains: If you decide not to go to trial or achieving the case dismissed is not an option, we can discuss a plea bargain to obtain you a lesser sentence than you would otherwise face.
Don’t let this ruin the life you’ve built. With a sexual offenses defense attorney dedicated to your case, you have a chance. As a leading legal defense firm in Manchester, Missouri, Combs Law Group comprehends the grave nature of sex crime charges and the devastating consequences they can have on individuals and their families. Our experienced sex crimes attorneys have skillfully defended many clients against a variety of sex crime and other criminal charges, and we are committed to providing our clients with the best possible legal representation.
St. Louis Sex Crimes Attorney: Protecting Your Rights and Future
Being charged with a sex crime is an inevitably life-altering experience, with the potential for severe legal penalties and an unquantifiable social cost. At Combs Law Group, we realize the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sex crime charge, and we are here to support you navigate this difficult time.
Our team of experienced St. Louis sex crimes attorneys is dedicated to protecting your rights and fighting for your future. We have the knowledge, experience, and resources needed to deliver you with the best possible legal representation, and we are committed to helping you achieve the best possible outcome in your case. You have no time to waste. Call (314) 900-HELP now.
Sex Crimes Attorney Near You