Sex Crimes Attorney in Frontenac, MO
If you are facing charges related to sex crimes in Frontenac, Missouri, Combs Law Group is here for you and ready to talk about how our group of sex crimes attorneys in Frontenac, MO can assist you. Get in touch with our expert team for a complimentary case review by filling out our form or via (314) 900-HELP.
The stakes are high, but you still have constitutional rights. You need the aid of a skilled and experienced sex crimes attorney in St. Louis to defend your rights and defend your case. Sex crimes come with significant consequences, which can include a prison sentence, exorbitant fines, and mandatory a href=”https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/CRID/SOR/factsheet.html” target=”_blank” title=”Missouri sex offender registry fact sheet”>sex offender registration. Below, our experienced sex crimes criminal defense attorneys explore the different types of sex crime charges in Missouri, the potential penalties of a conviction, and how a capable defense attorney from Combs Law Group can protect you when you face a sex crime.
Kinds of Sex Crime Charges in Missouri
Sex crimes in Missouri encompass a broad spectrum in terms of substance, gravity, and potential punishments, including everything from sexual assault and rape to child pornography and sexual misconduct involving a minor. Some of the Frontenac, Missouri sex crime cases we take on include:
- Rape: Rape is described as non-consensual sexual intercourse or penetration. It is a serious felony offense that carries a sentence of anywhere from a five-year jail stint to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 566.030.
- Sexual assault: Sexual assault encompasses any non-consensual sexual contact, including groping. It is also a grave felony offense that can result in a penal sentence of up to 30 years.
- Statutory rape: In Missouri, it is considered statutory rape when an individual engages in sexual activity with a minor. Children under the age of consent are treated as too young to be capable of giving informed consent. The age of consent in Missouri is 17 years old, and engaging in sexual activity with a minor under the age of 14 as an adult can result in charges of statutory rape in the first degree.
- Child pornography: Child pornography is the production, distribution, or possession of obscene images or videos depicting children under the age of 18. It is a heinous felony offense, up to a class B felony, that can result in a penal sentence of up to 30 years, and pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 573.037, you could be subject to individual sentences for each article of child pornography you are accused of possessing.
- Sexual misconduct with a minor: Sexual misconduct with a minor in Missouri involves sexual contact with a minor who is under the age of 15, including acts such as exposing one’s genitals or coercing the minor to expose their genitals or breasts. Other forms of sexual misconduct are also illegal in Missouri, but sexual misconduct with a minor is the most egregious offense under Missouri Revised Statute 566.083, often a class D or E felony, and can result in a penal sentence and other consequences.
Consequences of a Sex Crime Conviction in Frontenac, Missouri
If you are found guilty of a sex crime in Missouri, you are faced with serious consequences that can alter your life for years to come. Each case is different and is influenced by the evidence presented, the nature of what occurred, your previous criminal history, the judge presiding over your case, and competence of your defense lawyer and other factors. Though the consequences of any criminal record are many, some of the primary consequences of a sex crime conviction in St. Louis or Missouri include:
- Prison time: Based on the seriousness of the offense and Missouri law sentencing guidelines, you could be subject to years or even life in prison.
- Fines: As is the case in many criminal felony and misdemeanor charges, you may have to cover substantial fines and court costs.
- Mandatory registration as a sex offender: If you are convicted of a sex crime in Missouri, you will be required to register as a sex offender for the remainder of your life. This can greatly limit your employment opportunities, housing options, and personal relationships.
- Damage to your reputation: A sex crime conviction will ostensibly damage your reputation and affect some of the relationships in your life, from romantic relationships to friends, colleagues, family members, and neighbors.
- Lasting restrictions in your life: The permanent nature of Missouri’s sex offender registry along with the many consequences of a felony conviction, from forfeiting the right to vote and own a firearm to being excluded from jobs, leases, and other opportunities due to background checks, makes it extraordinarily difficult to rebuild your life, even after you’ve served your sentence.
How a Sex Crimes Attorney in Frontenac, MO Can Help You
When you hire Chris Combs to protect you in your Missouri sex offense case in Frontenac, MO, you receive vital and thoughtfully considered legal guidance and representation throughout your case. An experienced criminal defense attorney in St. Louis can help you by working hard to defend and protect, including:
- Investigating the charges: Your attorney ooooooo investigate the charges against you, question witnesses, and compile evidence to build a strong defense.
- Legal advice: We will provide you legal advice regarding your case, respond to your questions and help you understand what to expect before every step throughout the process.
- Negotiating: In some cases, as your defense attorney we can negotiate with the prosecutor to drop the charges, minimize the charges to lesser crimes, or come to a pre-plea agreement to sidestep the downfalls of a conviction.
- Court representation: We’ll be by your side at every court appearance. Standing in front of a judge can be overwhelming and it can be difficult to know what to do. A sex crimes attorney in St. Louis will represent you in court and make your defense to a judge and jury.
- Plea bargains: If you chose not to go to trial or obtaining the case dismissed is not an option, we can negotiate a plea bargain to obtain you a lesser sentence than you would otherwise face.
This situation does not have to destroy your life. With a criminal defense attorney dedicated to your case, you have a chance. As a leading criminal defense firm in Frontenac, Missouri, Combs Law Group comprehends the weighty nature of sex crime charges and the devastating consequences they can have on individuals and their families. Our experienced sex crimes attorneys have effectively defended many clients against a variety of sex crime and other criminal charges, and we are committed to supplying our clients with the best possible legal representation.
St. Louis Sex Crimes Attorney: Protecting Your Rights and Future
Being charged with a sex crime is an undeniably life-altering experience, with the potential for severe legal penalties and an unquantifiable social cost. At Combs Law Group, we recognize the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sex crime charge, and we are here to assist you navigate this difficult time.
Our team of seasoned St. Louis sex crimes attorneys is dedicated to protecting your rights and championing for your future. We have the know-how, experience, and resources needed to deliver you with the best possible legal representation, and we are devoted to helping you obtain the best possible outcome in your case. You have no time to waste. Call (314) 900-HELP now.
Sex Crimes Attorney Near You