Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Creve Coeur, MO
The charges against you may be serious, but all hope is not lost. Protect your future with the representation of a sex crimes attorney from Combs Law Group.
Sex Crimes Attorney in Creve Coeur, MO
If you are facing accusations related to sex crimes in Creve Coeur, Missouri, Combs Law Group is here for you and ready to talk about how our group of sex crimes lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO can assist you. Get in touch with our professional team for a complimentary review of your case online through our form or via (314) 900-HELP.
The consequences are serious, but you still have legal rights. You require the aid of a knowledgeable and seasoned sex crimes attorney in St. Louis to defend your rights and defend your case. Sex crimes come with serious ramifications, which can include jail or prison time, substantial fines, and mandatory a href=”https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/CRID/SOR/factsheet.html” target=”_blank” title=”Missouri sex offender registry fact sheet”>registration as a sex offender. Below, our experienced sex crimes criminal defense lawyers explore the various categories of sex crime charges in Missouri, the potential penalties of a conviction, and how a competent defense attorney from Combs Law Group can protect you when you face a sex crime.
Kinds of Sex Crime Charges in Missouri
Sex crimes in Missouri encompass a broad spectrum in terms of substance, severity, and potential sentences, ranging from sexual assault and rape to child pornography and sexual misconduct involving a minor. Some of the most prevalent sex crime charges in Creve Coeur, Missouri include:
- Rape: Rape is described as non-consensual sexual activity or penetration. It is a serious felony offense that carries a prison sentence of anywhere from five years to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 566.030.
- Sexual assault: Sexual assault encompasses any unwanted sexual contact, including touching. It is also a grave felony offense that can result in a prison sentence of up to 30 years.
- Statutory rape: Statutory rape occurs when an individual engages in sexual activity with a minor who is below the age of consent, as they are treated as too young to be capable of giving informed consent. The age of consent in Missouri is 17 years old, and an adult who engages in sexual activity with a child under the age of 14 can result in charges of statutory rape in the first degree.
- Child pornography: Child pornography is the production, distribution, or possession of obscene images or videos depicting children under the age of 18. It is a serious felony offense, up to a class B felony, that can result in a penal sentence of up to 30 years, and pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 573.037, you could be subject to separate penalties for each individual piece of child pornography you are accused of possessing.
- Sexual misconduct with a minor: Sexual misconduct with a minor is defined in Missouri law as sexual contact with a minor who is under the age of 15, including acts such as exposing one’s genitals or coercing the minor to expose their genitals or breasts. Other forms of sexual misconduct are also illegal in Missouri, but sexual misconduct with a minor is the most serious offense under Missouri Revised Statute 566.083, often a class D or E felony, and can result in a penal sentence and other consequences.
Consequences of a Sex Crime Conviction in Creve Coeur, Missouri
If you are found guilty of a sex crime in Missouri, you are subject to serious consequences that can alter your life for years to come. Each case is different and is influenced by the evidence presented, the nature of what took place, your previous criminal history, the judge presiding over your case, and competence of your defense lawyer and other factors. Though the consequences of any criminal record are many, some of the primary consequences of a sex crime conviction in St. Louis or Missouri include:
- Prison time: In accordance with the seriousness of the offense and Missouri law sentencing guidelines, you could face years or even life in prison.
- Fines: As is the case in many criminal felony and misdemeanor charges, you may have to settle significant fines and court costs.
- Mandatory registration as a sex offender: If you are found guilty of a sex crime in Missouri, you will be obligated to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. This can significantly limit your employment opportunities, housing options, and personal relationships.
- Damage to your reputation: A sex crime conviction will ostensibly harm your reputation and affect some of the relationships in your life, from romantic relationships to friends, colleagues, family members, and neighbors.
- Lasting restrictions in your life: The permanent nature of Missouri’s sex offender registry along with the many consequences of a felony conviction, from forfeiting the right to vote and own a firearm to being excluded from jobs, leases, and other opportunities due to background checks, makes it exceedingly difficult to rebuild your life, even after you’ve served your sentence.
How a Sex Crimes Attorney in Creve Coeur, MO Can Help You
When you hire Chris Combs to represent you in your Missouri sex offense case in Creve Coeur, MO, you receive essential and carefully weighed legal guidance and representation throughout your case. An experienced criminal defense attorney in St. Louis can help you by putting in extensive effort to defend and ensure your rights, including:
- Investigating the charges: Your attorney ooooooo examine the charges against you, interrogate witnesses, and gather evidence to build a solid defense.
- Legal advice: We will offer you legal advice regarding your case, respond to your questions and help you understand what to expect before every step throughout the process.
- Negotiating: In some cases, as your defense attorney we can engage in negotiations with the prosecutor to drop the charges, reduce the charges to lesser crimes, or come to a pre-plea agreement to prevent the downfalls of a conviction.
- Court representation: We’ll be by your side at every court appearance. Standing in front of a judge can be intimidating and it can be challenging to know what to do. A sex crimes attorney in St. Louis will represent you in court and present your defense to a judge and jury.
- Plea bargains: If you opt not to go to trial or obtaining the case dismissed is not an option, we can negotiate a plea bargain to secure you a lesser sentence than you would otherwise face.
Do not let this ruin the life you’ve built. With a sexual offenses defense attorney dedicated to your case, you have a chance. As a leading law firm in Creve Coeur, Missouri, Combs Law Group comprehends the grave nature of sex crime charges and the harmful consequences they can have on individuals and their families. Our seasoned sex crimes attorneys have successfully defended many clients against a variety of sex crime and other criminal charges, and we are devoted to supplying our clients with the best possible legal representation.
St. Louis Sex Crimes Attorney: Protecting Your Rights and Future
Being charged with a sex crime is an unquestionably life-altering experience, with the potential for serious legal penalties and an unquantifiable social cost. At Combs Law Group, we acknowledge the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sex crime charge, and we are here to assist you traverse this difficult time.
Our team of knowledgeable St. Louis sex crimes attorneys is dedicated to protecting your rights and fighting for your future. We have the knowledge, experience, and resources needed to deliver you with the best possible legal representation, and we are determined to assisting you attain the best possible outcome in your case. You have no time to waste. Call (314) 900-HELP now.