Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Cedar Hill, MO
The charges against you may be serious, but you have hope in our defense team. Protect your future with the representation of a sex crimes attorney from Combs Law Group.
Sex Crimes Attorney in Cedar Hill, MO
If you are facing accusations related to sex crimes in Cedar Hill, Missouri, Combs Law Group is here for you and ready to discuss how our group of sex crimes lawyers in Cedar Hill, MO can support you. Get in touch with our professional team for a complimentary case review online through our form or by calling (314) 900-HELP.
The stakes are high, but you still have protections under the law. You require the support of a skilled and experienced sex crimes attorney in St. Louis to defend your rights and defend your case. Sex crimes carry significant consequences, which can include imprisonment, exorbitant fines, and mandatory a href=”https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/CRID/SOR/factsheet.html” target=”_blank” title=”Missouri sex offender registry fact sheet”>sex offender registration. Below, our seasoned sex crimes defense attorneys explore the various types of sex crime charges in Missouri, the potential consequences of a conviction, and how a capable defense attorney from Combs Law Group can defend you when you face a sex crime.
Sex Crime Charges in Missouri
Sex crimes in Missouri span a wide range in terms of nature, severity, and potential punishments, ranging from sexual assault and rape to child pornography and sexual misconduct involving a minor. Some of the most common sex crime charges in Cedar Hill, Missouri include:
- Rape: Rape is described as non-consensual sexual intercourse or penetration. It is a serious felony offense that carries a sentence ranging from five years in prison to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 566.030.
- Sexual assault: Sexual assault refers to any non-consensual sexual contact, including groping. It is also a grave felony offense that can result in a prison sentence of up to 30 years.
- Statutory rape: Statutory rape occurs when someone engages in sexual activity with a minor. Children under the age of consent are seen as too young to be capable of giving informed consent. The age of consent in Missouri is 17 years old, and engaging in sexual activity with a minor under the age of 14 as an adult can result in charges of statutory rape in the first degree.
- Child pornography: Child pornography is the production, distribution, or possession of pornographic material involving children under the age of 18. It is a serious D or B felony offense that can result in a prison sentence of up to 30 years, and pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 573.037, you could be subject to separate penalties for each individual piece of child pornography you are accused of possessing.
- Sexual misconduct with a minor: Sexual misconduct with a minor in Missouri involves sexual contact with a minor who is under the age of 15, including acts such as exposing one’s genitals or coercing the minor to expose their genitals or breasts. Other forms of sexual misconduct are also prohibited in Missouri, but sexual misconduct with a minor is the most egregious offense under Missouri Revised Statute 566.083, often a class D or E felony, and can result in a penal sentence and other consequences.
Consequences of a Sex Crime Conviction in Cedar Hill, Missouri
If you are convicted of a sex crime in Missouri, you are subject to severe consequences that can affect your life for many years. Each case is different and is influenced by the evidence presented, the nature of what took place, your previous criminal history, the judge presiding over your case, and competence of your defense lawyer and other factors. Though the consequences of any criminal record are many, some of the primary consequences of a sex crime conviction in St. Louis or Missouri include:
- Prison time: In accordance with the seriousness of the offense and Missouri law sentencing guidelines, you could face years or even life in prison.
- Fines: As is the case in many criminal felony and misdemeanor charges, you may have to cover considerable fines and court costs.
- Mandatory registration as a sex offender: If you are found guilty of a sex crime in Missouri, you will be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. This can significantly limit your employment opportunities, housing options, and personal relationships.
- Damage to your reputation: A sex crime conviction will ostensibly damage your reputation and affect some of the relationships in your life, from romantic relationships to friends, colleagues, family members, and neighbors.
- Lasting restrictions in your life: The permanent nature of Missouri’s sex offender registry along with the many consequences of a felony conviction, from losing the right to vote and own a firearm to being excluded from jobs, leases, and other opportunities due to background checks, makes it exceedingly difficult to rebuild your life, even after you’ve served your sentence.
How a Sex Crimes Attorney in Cedar Hill, MO Can Help You
When you hire Combs Law Group to defend you in your Missouri sex offense case in Cedar Hill, MO, you get crucial and meticulously evaluated legal guidance and representation throughout your case. An experienced legal attorney in St. Louis can help you by putting in extensive effort to defend and safeguard, including:
- Investigating the charges: Your attorney ooooooo investigate the charges against you, interrogate witnesses, and compile evidence to build a compelling defense.
- Legal advice: We will offer you legal advice regarding your case, answer your questions and assist you grasp what to expect before every step throughout the process.
- Negotiating: In some cases, as your defense attorney we can negotiate with the prosecutor to drop the charges, minimize the charges to lesser crimes, or come to a pre-plea agreement to avoid the downfalls of a conviction.
- Court representation: We’ll be by your side at every court appearance. Standing in front of a judge can be daunting and it can be hard to know what to do. A sex crimes attorney in St. Louis will represent you in court and present your defense to a judge and jury.
- Plea bargains: If you opt not to go to trial or getting the case dismissed is not an option, we can discuss a plea bargain to land you a lesser sentence than you would otherwise face.
This situation does not have to destroy the life you’ve built. With a sex crimes defense attorney dedicated to your case, you have a chance. As a leading criminal defense firm in Cedar Hill, Missouri, Combs Law Group comprehends the serious nature of sex crime charges and the harmful consequences they can have on individuals and their families. Our knowledgeable sex crimes attorneys have skillfully defended numerous clients against a variety of sex crime and other criminal charges, and we are dedicated to offering our clients with the best possible legal representation.
St. Louis Sex Crimes Attorney: Protecting Your Rights and Future
Being charged with a sex crime is an unquestionably life-altering experience, with the potential for severe legal penalties and an unquantifiable social cost. At Combs Law Group, we recognize the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sex crime charge, and we are here to help you navigate this difficult time.
Our team of experienced St. Louis sex crimes attorneys is dedicated to protecting your rights and defending for your future. We have the knowledge, proficiency, and resources needed to offer you with the best possible legal representation, and we are devoted to assisting you attain the best possible outcome in your case. You have no time to waste. Call (314) 900-HELP now.