Sex Crimes Attorney in Camdenton, MO
If you are facing accusations related to sex crimes in Camdenton, Missouri, Combs Law Group is here for you and ready to talk about how our experienced sex crimes lawyers in Camdenton, MO can help you. Get in touch with our expert team for a complimentary case review online through our form or via (314) 900-HELP.
The consequences are serious, but you still have protections under the law. You require the aid of a knowledgeable and seasoned sex crimes attorney in St. Louis to protect your rights and represent your case. Sex crimes carry significant ramifications, which can include imprisonment, substantial fines, and mandatory a href=”https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/CRID/SOR/factsheet.html” target=”_blank” title=”Missouri sex offender registry fact sheet”>sex offender registration. Below, our skilled sex crimes defense attorneys outline the different types of sex crime charges in Missouri, the potential consequences of a conviction, and how a competent defense attorney from Combs Law Group can defend you when you are accused of a sex crime.
Sex Crime Charges in Missouri
Sex crimes in Missouri span a wide range in terms of nature, severity, and potential punishments, including everything from sexual assault and rape to child pornography and sexual misconduct involving a minor. Some of the most prevalent sex crime charges in Camdenton, Missouri include:
- Rape: Rape is described as non-consensual sexual activity or penetration. It is a grave felony offense that carries a prison sentence of anywhere from five years to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 566.030.
- Sexual assault: Sexual assault describes any unwanted sexual contact, including touching. It is also a grave felony offense that can result in a penal sentence of up to 30 years.
- Statutory rape: Statutory rape occurs when someone engages in sexual activity with a minor who is below the age of consent, as they are seen as incapable of giving informed consent because of their young age. The age of consent in Missouri is 17 years old, and engaging in sexual activity with a minor under the age of 14 as an adult can result in charges of statutory rape in the first degree.
- Child pornography: Child pornography is the creation, distribution, or possession of sexually explicit images or videos involving children under the age of 18. It is a serious felony offense, up to a class B felony, that can result in a penal sentence of up to 30 years, and pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 573.037, you could be subject to individual penalties for each individual piece of child pornography you are accused of possessing.
- Sexual misconduct with a minor: Sexual misconduct with a minor in Missouri involves sexual contact with a minor who is under the age of 15, including acts such as exposing one’s genitals or coercing the minor to expose their genitals or breasts. Other forms of sexual misconduct are also illegal in Missouri, but sexual misconduct with a minor is the most egregious offense under Missouri Revised Statute 566.083, often a class D or E felony, and can result in a prison sentence and other consequences.
Consequences of a Sex Crime Conviction in Camdenton, Missouri
If you are convicted of a sex crime in Missouri, you are faced with severe consequences that can impact your life for years to come. Each case has its own details, including the evidence presented, the nature of what happened, your previous criminal history, the judge presiding over your case, and skill of your defense lawyer and other factors. Though the consequences of any criminal record are many, some of the primary consequences of a sex crime conviction in St. Louis or Missouri include:
- Prison time: In accordance with the seriousness of the offense and Missouri law sentencing guidelines, you could receive years or even life in prison.
- Fines: As is the case in many criminal felony and misdemeanor charges, you may have to pay significant fines and court costs.
- Mandatory registration as a sex offender: If you are convicted of a sex crime in Missouri, you will be required to register as a sex offender for the remainder of your life. This can significantly limit your employment opportunities, housing options, and personal relationships.
- Damage to your reputation: A sex crime conviction will ostensibly harm your reputation and impact some of the relationships in your life, from romantic relationships to friends, colleagues, family members, and neighbors.
- Lasting restrictions in your life: The permanent nature of Missouri’s sex offender registry along with the many consequences of a felony conviction, from losing the right to vote and own a firearm to being excluded from jobs, leases, and other opportunities due to background checks, makes it extraordinarily difficult to rebuild your life, even after you’ve served your sentence.
How a Sex Crimes Attorney in Camdenton, MO Can Help You
When you hire Combs Law Group to represent you in your Missouri sex offense case in Camdenton, MO, you receive essential and carefully weighed legal guidance and representation throughout your case. An experienced criminal defense attorney in St. Louis can help you by putting in extensive effort to defend and safeguard, including:
- Investigating the charges: Your attorney ooooooo look into the charges against you, question witnesses, and gather evidence to build a strong defense.
- Legal advice: We will provide you legal advice regarding your case, address your questions and assist you comprehend what to expect before every step throughout the process.
- Negotiating: In some cases, as your defense attorney we can discuss terms with the prosecutor to drop the charges, minimize the charges to lesser crimes, or come to a pre-plea agreement to prevent the downfalls of a conviction.
- Court representation: We’ll be by your side at every court appearance. Standing in front of a judge can be daunting and it can be difficult to know what to do. A sex crimes attorney in St. Louis will represent you in court and argue your defense to a judge and jury.
- Plea bargains: If you chose not to go to trial or achieving the case dismissed is not an option, we can discuss a plea bargain to land you a lesser sentence than you would otherwise face.
This situation does not have to destroy the life you’ve built. With a sex crimes defense attorney dedicated to your case, you have a chance. As a leading law firm in Camdenton, Missouri, Combs Law Group understands the serious nature of sex crime charges and the devastating consequences they can have on individuals and their families. Our knowledgeable sex crimes attorneys have effectively defended many clients against a variety of sex crime and other criminal charges, and we are dedicated to offering our clients with the best possible legal representation.
St. Louis Sex Crimes Attorney: Protecting Your Rights and Future
Being charged with a sex crime is an unquestionably life-altering experience, with the potential for severe legal penalties and an unquantifiable social cost. At Combs Law Group, we acknowledge the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sex crime charge, and we are here to support you navigate this difficult time.
Our team of experienced St. Louis sex crimes attorneys is dedicated to protecting your rights and fighting for your future. We have the expertise, proficiency, and resources needed to deliver you with the best possible legal representation, and we are devoted to assisting you achieve the best possible outcome in your case. You have no time to waste. Call (314) 900-HELP now.
Sex Crimes Attorney Near You