Ask us about our affordable payment options.
The charges against you may be serious, but you have hope in our defense team. Protect your future with the representation of a sex crimes attorney from Combs Law Group.
Sex Crimes Attorney in Ballwin, MO
If you are facing charges related to sex crimes in Ballwin, Missouri, Combs Law Group is here for you and ready to discuss how our group of sex crimes attorneys in Ballwin, MO can help you. Get in touch with our professional team for a free review of your case by filling out our form or via (314) 900-HELP.
The consequences are serious, but you still have legal rights. You need the aid of a knowledgeable and experienced sex crimes attorney in St. Louis to defend your rights and defend your case. Sex crimes come with serious ramifications, including a prison sentence, exorbitant fines, and mandatory a href=”https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/CRID/SOR/factsheet.html” target=”_blank” title=”Missouri sex offender registry fact sheet”>registration as a sex offender. On this page, our seasoned sex crimes defense lawyers explore the various types of sex crime charges in Missouri, the potential consequences of a conviction, and how a proficient defense attorney from Combs Law Group can protect you when you face a sex crime.
Sex Crime Charges in Missouri
Sex crimes in Missouri encompass a broad spectrum in terms of nature, gravity, and potential punishments, ranging from sexual assault and rape to child pornography and sexual misconduct involving a minor. Some of the Ballwin, Missouri sex crime cases we take on include:
- Rape: Rape is defined as non-consensual sexual activity or penetration. It is a grave felony offense that carries a prison sentence ranging from five years to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 566.030.
- Sexual assault: Sexual assault describes any non-consensual physical contact, including touching. It is also a grave felony offense that can result in a penal sentence of up to 30 years.
- Statutory rape: In Missouri, it is considered statutory rape when an individual engages in sexual activity with a minor. Children under the age of consent are seen as too young to be capable of giving informed consent. The age of consent in Missouri is 17 years old, and an adult who engages in sexual activity with a child under the age of 14 can result in charges of statutory rape in the first degree.
- Child pornography: Child pornography is the production, distribution, or possession of obscene images or videos depicting children under the age of 18. It is a heinous felony offense, up to a class B felony, that can result in a penal sentence of up to 30 years, and pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute 573.037, you could be subject to individual sentences for each article of child pornography you are accused of possessing.
- Sexual misconduct with a minor: Sexual misconduct with a minor is defined in Missouri law as sexual contact with a minor who is under the age of 15, including acts such as exposing one’s genitals or coercing the minor to expose their genitals or breasts. Other forms of sexual misconduct are also prohibited in Missouri, but sexual misconduct with a minor is the most egregious offense under Missouri Revised Statute 566.083, often a class D or E felony, and can result in a prison sentence and other consequences.
Consequences of a Sex Crime Conviction in Ballwin, Missouri
If you are convicted of a sex crime in Missouri, you are faced with harsh consequences that can impact your life for years to come. Each case has its own details, including the evidence presented, the nature of what took place, your previous criminal history, the judge presiding over your case, and capability of your defense lawyer and other factors. Though the consequences of any criminal record are many, some of the primary consequences of a sex crime conviction in St. Louis or Missouri include:
- Prison time: Based on the severity of the offense and Missouri law sentencing guidelines, you could be subject to years or even life in prison.
- Fines: As is the case in many criminal felony and misdemeanor charges, you may have to cover significant fines and court costs.
- Mandatory registration as a sex offender: If you are convicted of a sex crime in Missouri, you will be compelled to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. This can severely limit your employment opportunities, housing options, and personal relationships.
- Damage to your reputation: A sex crime conviction will ostensibly tarnish your reputation and affect some of the relationships in your life, from romantic relationships to friends, colleagues, family members, and neighbors.
- Lasting restrictions in your life: The permanent nature of Missouri’s sex offender registry along with the many consequences of a felony conviction, from losing the right to vote and own a firearm to being excluded from jobs, leases, and other opportunities due to background checks, makes it extraordinarily difficult to rebuild your life, even after you’ve served your sentence.
How a Sex Crimes Attorney in Ballwin, MO Can Help You
When you hire Chris Combs to represent you in your Missouri sex offense case in Ballwin, MO, you receive vital and carefully weighed legal guidance and representation throughout your case. An experienced defense attorney in St. Louis can help you by working hard to defend and protect, including:
- Investigating the charges: Your attorney ooooooo look into the charges against you, interrogate witnesses, and gather evidence to build a compelling defense.
- Legal advice: We will provide you legal advice regarding your case, respond to your questions and assist you understand what to expect before every step throughout the process.
- Negotiating: In some cases, as your defense attorney we can engage in negotiations with the prosecutor to drop the charges, minimize the charges to lesser crimes, or come to a pre-plea agreement to prevent the downfalls of a conviction.
- Court representation: We’ll be by your side at every court appearance. Standing in front of a judge can be intimidating and it can be hard to know what to do. A sex crimes attorney in St. Louis will represent you in court and make your defense to a judge and jury.
- Plea bargains: If you opt not to go to trial or achieving the case dismissed is not an option, we can discuss a plea bargain to obtain you a lesser sentence than you would otherwise face.
Do not let this wreck the life you’ve built. With a sex crimes defense attorney dedicated to your case, you have a chance. As a leading legal defense firm in Ballwin, Missouri, Combs Law Group recognizes the grave nature of sex crime charges and the devastating consequences they can have on individuals and their families. Our knowledgeable sex crimes attorneys have successfully defended numerous clients against a variety of sex crime and other criminal charges, and we are dedicated to supplying our clients with the best possible legal representation.
St. Louis Sex Crimes Attorney: Protecting Your Rights and Future
Being charged with a sex crime is an unquestionably life-altering experience, with the potential for serious legal penalties and an unquantifiable social cost. At Combs Law Group, we acknowledge the emotional and financial burden of dealing with a sex crime charge, and we are here to assist you manage this difficult time.
Our team of knowledgeable St. Louis sex crimes attorneys is dedicated to protecting your rights and fighting for your future. We have the expertise, proficiency, and resources needed to deliver you with the best possible legal representation, and we are determined to assisting you achieve the best possible outcome in your case. You have no time to waste. Call (314) 900-HELP now.