Ask us about our affordable payment options.
Rollover Accident Lawyer St. Louis, MO. There is no doubt that a rollover accident is one of the scariest things that can occur on St. Louis roads. Cars rolling over often cause catastrophic damage to the vehicle and multiple major injuries to its occupants. While rollover accidents can be caused by any number of factors, many of them are entirely out of a driver’s control, and when that happens they need an experienced St. Louis, MO rollover accident lawyer to protect their interest.
The car accident lawyers at Combs Law Group work tirelessly to provide expert legal guidance to all their St. Louis, MO rollover accident clients. Our firm is ready to take on insurance providers, municipal entities, and any and all other responsible parties in your accident so you can get a measure of justice for your injuries, as well as the maximum possible compensation. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP to schedule a free review of your case.
What Causes Rollover Accidents?
Cars and trucks turning over can happen due to a large number of factors, and our firm has found that these are some of the most common reasons why a rollover accident happens in St. Louis, MO.
- Evasive/Erratic Driving: cars are usually stable when driven safely and complying with the rules of the road. However, if, for instance, someone changes lanes without signaling or a hazard suddenly appears in front of a car, making a sudden, hard turn greatly increases the chances a car will flip.
- Poor Weather: rain, snow, or ice on the road greatly increases the chance of a rollover accident. Slick roads naturally can lead to a loss of traction, and hydroplaning (which occurs when too much standing water is on a road) can easily cause a car to roll over.
- Vehicle Design: some cars are built much more top-heavy when compared to other cars, and thus pose a greater risk of rolling over. Larger SUVs and trucks, with their higher center of gravity, are especially prone to turn over in an accident.
- Bald Tires: when tires are worn and lose their treads, vehicles naturally have trouble maintaining traction, and even a regular turn at high speed can cause a car to tip over.
- Poor Road Design: roads may not adequately be designed to clear rain off quickly, municipalities may not have properly dealt with snow or ice on the road, or shoulders may have been built too soft or have crumbled over the years.
- High Impact Crashes: at high speeds, vehicles striking each other have enough combined force to easily send one or more cars into a roll.
Rollover Accident Liability
Following a rollover accident, police and insurance companies can often run into problems determining who is liable for causing the accident. In truth, many parties could–and often times are–at fault in a rollover crash in St. Louis, MO, such as:
- Other drivers: whether they were a commercial driver who did not properly secure their cargo, or someone speeding through an intersection who struck your car, there are a large variety of cases where another motorist’s actions are deemed to be the cause of your rollover accident
- The governmental entity responsible for maintaining roads: if swerving to avoid a pothole, inadequate clearance of snow and ice, or cracked shoulders were the cause of your rollover accident, local or state government can be deemed responsible for causing your crash. Governments have a duty to maintain safe and drivable roads for all who use them, and as such they are liable for any accidents resulting from poor road conditions.
- The maker of your car/tires: occasionally, defects in manufacturing or design of a car/tires can cause a rollover accident. There are a number of notable cases of rollover accidents where cars or tires were found to be responsible for rollover accidents, such as when Consumer Reports magazine discovered that the Suzuki Samurai sport-utility vehicle was prone to tipping over, and when Firestone tires installed on certain Ford vehicles failed at high speeds, causing many rollover accidents.
Choose Combs Law Group After Your St. Louis, MO Rollover Accident
After you’ve been in a rollover car accident in St. Louis, MO, you are likely dealing with extensive injuries, a totaled car, and staring down huge bills related to those two circumstances. Oftentimes people who have been in a rollover accident are unable to work and earn money to pay those bills, which creates further problems–especially if they were not the ones responsible for their accident. Sadly, in many cases the responsible party and their insurance provider will try and get you to settle for the smallest possible amount, which is why you need the knowledgeable St. Louis, MO personal injury attorneys at Combs Law Group on your side after your rollover accident.
When you choose Combs Law Group for your personal injury case, you will be getting a rollover accident lawyer that will fight aggressively for your maximum compensation, all while ensuring that you are satisfied during every phase of the legal process. If you or someone you know has recently been in a rollover accident in St. Louis, MO, call Combs Law Group today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online to speak with an attorney and put us on your case.