Your Trusted Restraining Order Defense Attorneys in Lake St. Louis, Missouri
Being served with a restraining order or an emergency order of protection is often distressing, but having an order filed against you does not make you a criminal or a bad person. Our team of experienced restraining order defense attorneys in Lake St. Louis, Missouri is here to guide you through the civil process and protect your rights.
With the expertise and firm resolve of our attorneys and paralegals on your side, you have a chance to fight your restraining order. Combs Law Group provides you with the strong defense and thoughtful counsel you need during this challenging time. Let us begin working for you right away. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message now.
Understanding Restraining Orders in Lake St. Louis, Missouri
In the state of Missouri, legal orders of protection may be commonly referred to as restraining orders. These orders are intended to provide legal protection of victims of domestic violence, harassment, stalking or other forms of threatening behavior. An ex parte or temporary order of protection in Missouri is a civil decision that a judge can make right away, without the respondent there to defend themself, and it is limited in duration — only until the judge can rule on a full order of protection. By contrast, a full order of protection is only decided after a court hearing, when the judge hears both the petitioner’s case and the respondent’s case. It is crucial to recognize the severity of the situation and the potential for significant consequences on your life if a full order of protection is given. These cases move quickly, so do not waste any time. Start by speaking to an attorney swiftly.
An immediate order of protection can be issued without your presence or prior knowledge and, when approved, is immediately enforceable, making it vital to talk to an attorney quickly after receiving notice of an order of protection against you. Violating a restraining order or temporary order of protection can result in significant consequences, including criminal charges, fines and potential incarceration. Fight any impulse you feel to act out of anger and frustration. We will help you fight your order of protection, but it only works if we do it legally. Violating your order of protection can make the situation immeasurably more difficult for you. Call an order of protection defense attorney at (314) 900-HELP for help with your ex parte case.
What to Look For in Your Lake St. Louis, Missouri Protection Order Defense Attorney
When confronting a restraining order in Missouri, it is vital to have an experienced and knowledgeable attorney on your side. At Combs Law Group, our team of fierce and dedicated legal professionals have devoted their careers to defending the rights of Missourians and protecting people like you from unjust penalties. When you require a defense attorney in Missouri to help you fight your restraining order, you will be best represented by a legal practitioner with the following qualities:
- Expertise: Our attorneys have a deep understanding of Missouri’s laws pertaining to protective orders as well as administrative matters. We have a great record of some significant case victories in our firm’s decade of assisting Missourians in Lake St. Louis and beyond and our legal team is highly qualified to protect your rights and stand for your future.
- Knowledge of State Laws: Combs Law Group has been handling civil and criminal defense law in Lake St. Louis, Missouri for more than ten years. We stay involved in the civil and legal communities of Missouri, keeping us aware of the latest practices and changes in Missouri law. Our attorneys are well-versed in the specific Missouri statutes and regulations that govern ex parte orders and full orders of protection, ensuring that we can develop a strong defense strategy designed for your specific circumstances.
- Methodical Defense Approach: Our legal team will carefully review the details of your case and formulate a comprehensive defense strategy. We aim to identify flaws in the petitioner’s evidence, dispute false allegations and present a convincing argument in your favor. With our past restraining order defense cases, we have become familiar with the judge’s decisions and arguments.
- Demonstrated Track Record: In our years of practice, we have landed incredible victories for Lake St. Louis, Missouri numerous clients facing restraining orders as well as domestic violence allegations and other criminal charges. We are proud of our track record of success and our ability to protect our clients’ rights and guarantee that they aren’t made to pay unjustly with their freedom.
What a Restraining Order Defense Attorney in Lake St. Louis, Missouri Can Do For You
Often, respondents are caught off guard when they receive notice of a temporary order of protection and feel frustration when they learn they are facing a full order of protection against them. Keep a level head and level the playing field by hiring a reputable restraining order defense attorney in Lake St. Louis, Missouri. When you hire our Lake St. Louis, Missouri restraining order defense attorneys, you gain several advantages:
- Early Intervention and Preparation: Orders of protection cases in Missouri courts move relatively fast, and a temporary order can be enforced right away after it’s filed, and even the temporary order can have a significant impact on your life in just a few days. We realize the urgency of your Missouri restraining order case and will take immediate action to protect your rights. Our team will gather evidence, question witnesses and create a solid defense strategy from the outset — all while keeping you informed along the way.
- Evidence Gathering: We will perform a thorough investigation to uncover any disparities or inaccuracies in the petitioner’s claims and investigate every likely scenario to determine the best approach regarding your defense. Our attorneys will collect evidence, such as text messages, emails or witnesses’ statements, to build a defense and support your case.
- Legal Representation in Court and Negotiations: When you hire a restraining order defense attorney in Lake St. Louis, Missouri, you have a confident and knowledgeable professional standing by your side. Our skilled attorneys will represent you at court hearings, ensuring that your side of the story is heard and respected and giving you a sense of assurance. We will negotiate with the opposing party, whose lawyers we often know, to seek an outcome that is fair and in your best interest.
- Counsel and Support: Throughout the legal process, our Lake St. Louis, Missouri team will provide you with compassionate guidance and support.
It’s normal to struggle with stress and complex emotions during a restraining order case, and we are here to listen, answer your questions, and alleviate your concerns.
Our team of attorneys and paralegals are committed to counseling the citizens of Lake St. Louis, Missouri and seeing that they receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to orders of protection, our lawyers are experienced in many forms of law, including:
Common Defenses in Lake St. Louis, Missouri Restraining Order Cases
Our knowledgeable attorneys will consider various defense strategies based on the specifics of your case. Some common defenses in restraining order cases include:
- Contesting the Evidence: We will meticulously scrutinize the evidence presented by the petitioner, searching for inconsistencies, lack of credibility, or evidence that contradicts their claims.
- Lack of Intent or False Allegations: Our team will work to demonstrate that the alleged actions were accidental or that the accusations are false, aiming to cast doubt on the validity of the restraining order.
- Baseless or Unfair Restraining Order: We will argue that the restraining order is uncalled for or an abuse of the legal system, demonstrating that it goes beyond the scope of what is necessary to ensure safety.
- Considering Alternative Resolutions: When appropriate, we will seek alternative resolutions, such as mediation or negotiation, to mitigate the consequences of the restraining order and protect your rights.
Your restraining order defense attorney with Combs Law Group in Lake St. Louis, Missouri will build a case tailored to your unique situation. We will use the law to your advantage and minimize the impact of this event on your life and your future. Contact our office today to get a free consultation and find out how we can help you navigate this situation. Call (314) 900-HELP or fill out a form to get in touch with one of our experienced lawyers today.
Speak to a Restraining Order Defense Attorney in Lake St. Louis, Missouri Right Away
If you are facing a order of protection in Lake St. Louis, Missouri, you need not navigate this difficult situation by yourself. Actually, it’s vital to consult with a lawyer specializing in restraining order defense in Lake St. Louis, Missouri as soon as possible. At seasoned attorneys are ready to supply you with the legal guidance and assistance you require. We’ll diligently fight to defend your rights and endeavor for the optimum achievable outcome for your situation.
To book a cost-free, confidential consultation with one of our experienced Lake St. Louis, Missouri protective order defense attorneys, please contact us at (314) 900-HELP or submit our online contact form. Don’t let a restraining order jeopardize your future—contact us today.
Restraining Order Defense Attorney Near You