Your Trusted Restraining Order Defense Attorneys in Jefferson City, Missouri
Confronting a restraining order or an emergency order of protection can be upsetting, but having an order filed against you does not resign you to permanent loss in your life. Our team of experienced restraining order defense attorneys in Jefferson City, Missouri is here to assist you with the legal process and protect your rights.
With the expertise and unwavering commitment of our attorneys and paralegals on your side, you have a chance to contest your restraining order. Combs Law Group provides you with the vigorous defense and caring counsel you need during this challenging time. Let us start the defense process for you right away. Call (314) 900-HELP or send us a message now.
Understanding Restraining Orders in Jefferson City, Missouri
In the state of Missouri, legal orders of protection may be commonly referred to as restraining orders. These orders are intended to safeguard victims of domestic violence, harassment, stalking or other kinds of threatening behavior. An ex parte or temporary order of protection in Missouri is a civil decision that a judge can make without the respondent present, but it is only meant as a temporary measure until the judge can rule on a full order of protection. A full order of protection, then, is only put in place after a court hearing, when the judge hears both the petitioner’s case and the respondent’s case. It is of utmost importance to recognize the serious implications of having an order of protection filed against you. These cases move quickly, so it’s imperative that you don’t avoid responsibility and hire an attorney as soon as possible.
A judge can grant a temporary order of protection without seeing you or hearing your side of the story and, when approved, is immediately enforceable, making it critical to seek legal representation as soon as possible after receiving notice of an order of protection against you. Violating a restraining order or temporary order of protection can result in serious consequences, such as criminal charges, fines and even jail time. Fight any impulse you feel to act out of anger and frustration. We will help you fight your order of protection, but we have to go about it legally. Violating your order of protection can make the situation immeasurably more difficult for you. Call an order of protection defense attorney at (314) 900-HELP for help with your ex parte case.
What to Look For in Your Jefferson City, Missouri Protection Order Defense Attorney
When dealing with a restraining order in Missouri, it is necessary to seek the help of an experienced attorney. At Combs Law Group, our team of fierce and dedicated legal professionals have dedicated their careers to defending the rights of Missourians and protecting people like you from unjust penalties. When you require a defense attorney in Missouri to help you fight your restraining order, you will be best represented by a legal practitioner with the following qualities:
- Experience: Our attorneys have a deep knowledge of Missouri’s laws pertaining to protective orders as well as criminal proceedings. We have a history of some significant case victories in our firm’s decade of helping Missourians in Jefferson City and beyond and our legal team has the skills and qualifications to defend your rights and fight for your future.
- Knowledge of State Laws: Combs Law Group has been practicing civil and criminal defense law in Jefferson City, Missouri for over a decade. We stay informed with the latest legal developments in Missouri. Our attorneys are well-versed in the specific Missouri statutes and regulations that govern protective orders and full orders of protection, ensuring that we can build a strong defense strategy tailored to your unique circumstances.
- Methodical Defense Approach: Our legal team will meticulously review the details of your case and formulate a comprehensive defense strategy. We aim to identify vulnerabilities in the petitioner’s evidence, challenge false allegations and present a convincing argument in your favor. We have successfully defended restraining order respondents and know what the judge looks for.
- Proven Track Record: In our years of practice, we have achieved excellent outcomes for Jefferson City, Missouri numerous clients facing restraining orders as well as domestic violence allegations and other criminal charges. We are proud of our track record of success and our ability to protect our clients’ rights and guarantee that they aren’t made to pay unjustly with their freedom.
What a Restraining Order Defense Attorney in Jefferson City, Missouri Can Do For You
If you’re feeling blindsided, betrayed, surprised or angry after being served a temporary order of protection or receiving the judge’s decision of a full protective order, you are not alone. Keep a level head and create a balanced situation by hiring a skilled restraining order defense attorney in Jefferson City, Missouri. When you enlist the services of our Jefferson City, Missouri restraining order defense attorneys, you gain several advantages:
- Prompt Response and Preparation: Orders of protection cases in Missouri courts move relatively fast, and a temporary order, which can be made effective immediately, can have a significant impact on your life in just a few days. We realize that your life is at stake in your Missouri restraining order case and will take immediate action to represent and protect you. Our team will compile evidence, talk to witnesses and prepare a solid defense strategy from the beginning of the court process — communicating with you along the way.
- Investigation: We will carry out a thorough investigation to uncover any disparities or inaccuracies in the petitioner’s claims and investigate every likely scenario to determine the best approach regarding your defense. Our attorneys will track down evidence, such as text messages, emails or witnesses’ statements, to build a defense and support your case.
- Legal Representation in Court and Negotiations: When you hire a restraining order defense attorney in Jefferson City, Missouri, you have someone — and that someone is a licensed professional — by you as you face the legal process. Our skilled attorneys will represent you at court hearings, ensuring that your side of the story is heard and respected and giving you a boost of confidence. We will negotiate with the opposing party, whose lawyers we often know, to seek an outcome that is fair and in your best interest.
- Emotional Support and Advice: Your Jefferson City, Missouri legal team from Combs Law Group is there to support you from beginning to end.
It’s normal to struggle with stress and complex emotions during a restraining order case, and we are here to listen, answer your questions, and lessen your concerns.
Our team of attorneys and paralegals are committed to counseling the citizens of Jefferson City, Missouri and seeing that they receive fair, effective legal presentation in any situation. In addition to orders of protection, our lawyers are experienced in many forms of law, including:
Potential Defenses in Jefferson City, Missouri Restraining Order Cases
Our knowledgeable attorneys will analyze various defense strategies based on the specifics of your case. Some common defenses in restraining order cases include:
- Contesting the Evidence: We will thoroughly scrutinize the evidence presented by the petitioner, seeking inconsistencies, lack of credibility, or evidence that contradicts their claims.
- Lack of Intent or False Allegations: Our team will work to demonstrate that the alleged actions were accidental or that the accusations are false, seeking to cast doubt on the validity of the restraining order.
- Unwarranted or Unjustified Restraining Order: We will argue that the restraining order is uncalled for or an abuse of the legal system, proving that it goes beyond the scope of what is necessary to ensure safety.
- Considering Alternative Resolutions: When appropriate, we will seek alternative resolutions, such as mediation or negotiation, to alleviate the consequences of the restraining order and defend your rights.
Your restraining order defense attorney with Combs Law Group in Jefferson City, Missouri will build a case tailored to your unique situation. We will use the law to your advantage and minimize the impact of this event on your life and your future. Contact our office today to get a free consultation and find out how we can help you navigate this situation. Call (314) 900-HELP or fill out a form to get in touch with one of our experienced lawyers today.
Contact a Restraining Order Defense Attorney in Jefferson City, Missouri Right Away
If you are dealing with a restraining order in Jefferson City, Missouri, you don’t have to deal with this troubling situation solo. In fact, it’s important to talk to a restraining order defense attorney in Jefferson City, Missouri without delay. Our seasoned attorneys are ready to provide you with the lawful and assistance you necessitate. We’ll forcefully fight to defend your rights and strive for the best achievable result for you.
To book a cost-free, private consultation with one of our experienced Jefferson City, Missouri protective order defense attorneys, please call us at (314) 900-HELP or fill out our online contact form. Don’t allow a restraining order threaten your future—reach out to us today.
Restraining Order Defense Attorney Near You