Hiring A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Is A Must
If you or a family member have been hit by a car while walking or running, Combs Law Group can help. As a premier pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Louis, Missouri, Combs Law Group provides potential clients with a full set of legal services on personal injury law. When you’re hit by a car or truck while walking or running, it’s likely you’ve suffered some serious injuries as a result of the accident. The most important thing to keep in mind if you’ve been injured as a result of a pedestrian accident is that 99% of the time it’s the fault of the driver. That means in most cases you have a right to seek compensation for your injuries and suffering. Call us today to discuss your case in detail with a pedestrian car accident attorney.
Why do pedestrian accidents occur in the first place?
Each and every one of us has interactions with vehicles while walking every day. When we go to the grocery store and we’re walking across the parking lot we are at the mercy drivers, and some of us who run for exercise are constantly dealing with cars and other vehicles. The battle between car and man has been settled for a long time. If you get hit by a two thousand pound piece of metal, you’re not going to come out on the winning end. That’s why there are specific driving laws in Missouri that protect pedestrians, and why there are active measures to reduce the number of crashes that involve pedestrians. However, there are several key factors that seem to cause pedestrian accidents. Let’s take a look at each one of them to see if they were a factor in your accident.
- Speeding – Speeding is a major cause of pedestrian accidents and accidents in general because as your speed goes up in a car your reaction time goes down. That’s why speed laws take into account areas where there is a lot of pedestrian activity. For instance, in most parks the speed limit is set below 15 MPH and there are typically speed bumps designed to slow the drivers down. The first question we ask as pedestrian car accident lawyers is “Was the driver speeding?”. If he or she was speeding then they are at fault without question.
- Distracted Drivers – Distractions have never been more of an issue on the roads as is it today. Texting and driving laws in Missouri only apply to drivers under the age of 21, while other states typically ban texting and driving for all age groups. The result is more pedestrian accidents as a result of these lax laws. If a distracted driver was the reason for your accident you probably have a legitimate case Provining negligence in these types of cases sometimes requires that we subpoena the defendant for his cell phone records.
- Disobeying Traffic Signs – Traffic signs are a critical safety measure for pedestrian traffic nowadays. When drivers disobey cross-walk signs and traffic signals it creates a dangerous situation for pedestrians.
- Drinking and Driving – Drunk drivers pose a great danger to anyone on the road, especially pedestrians. If your incident involved a drunk driver, a St. Louis DWI Accident Injury Lawyer who understands the laws that govern DWI’s can make a big difference in your lawsuit.
- Poor Road Conditions – When it snows or rains, drivers are obligated to take additional precautions when driving their vehicles. That means slowing down and making sure they are 100% aware of their surroundings. When it rains visibility can be a real problem with seeing pedestrians on the road. Unfortunately, many drivers don’t consider these factors and they end up hitting pedestrians.
What’s Next? Hire A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer!
It’s important that you know what to do after you’ve been involved in a pedestrian car accident. There are specific steps you should take, or your family should take, in order to protect your legal rights. Here are the steps in no particular order to keep in mind:
- Seek Medical Attention Immediately – Regardless of the severity of your accident, you should go to the ER right away. If that means calling 911 and having an ambulance take you, or in less severe cases having a friend or family member take you. It’s crucial you go right away even if you don’t feel like your injuries warrant a trip to the ER. The truth is that there are many injuries that you can’t see or feel right away and the only way to rule out the possibility of injuries is to see a Doctor. He/she may order x-rays or CT scans to verify that you haven’t suffered any internal injuries.
- Call 911 or the Police For A Police Report- Even if you don’t need an ambulance to get medical attention, you should call the Police to the scene to get an official Police report. The Police officer will create an official Police report that outlines the specifics of the scene and also take statements from witnesses. In some Police reports the officer will indicate who was at fault for the accident. Therefore, it’s crucial you get an official account of the accident. However, if you didn’t call the Police at the time of the accident you can still call later and file a report with the police. Keep in mind that the other driver will try to convince you to keep the Police and the insurance companies out of the situation. Don’t listen to them, call the Police.
- Call An Attorney – You should get in touch with an attorney right away. Don’t wait weeks after the accident to consult an attorney. Talking with an attorney doesn’t mean you are hiring them to take the case. It’s just a good way to get information about your situation. There are hundreds of personal injury lawyers in St. Louis and many will offer you a free consultation. We hope you call us of course, but calling any personal injury attorney in St. Louis who specializes in pedestrian accident cases will serve your purpose. You want to get as much information as possible before deciding whether to file a lawsuit or not.
Why Choose Us As Your Personal Injury Attorney?
When the time comes to actually hire a personal injury attorney for your pedestrian car accident case we hope you consider Combs Law Group in your decision. We offer our clients a special set of skills and characteristics compared to other personal injury lawyers in St. Louis. We bring a personal touch to every case we take on and you will find that we put our clients’ needs above all else. When you hire us as your attorney you can be assured that we will go to all lengths to get you the best outcomes from your case. We provide you with any resources you might need during the case, like access to medical doctors or psychiatrists. We will provide you with constant updates around your case and you will have 24/7 access to your attorney if you have questions or concerns. The client-attorney relationship in a personal injury lawsuit is so important and it’s something you should choose carefully. There are many personal injury firms in the St. Louis area that claim to be the best personal injury lawyers and they route their hundreds of millions of payouts. What you don’t see after you scratch the service is the types of practices these firms undertake to be successful.
When you sign on to one of the heavy hitters in the personal injury space, you become just another number. They have no vested interest in your personal situation and because your case means so little to them in the larger scheme of things, you end up getting treated poorly during the whole process. We suggest you avoid that situation and hire Combs Law Group as your dedicated lawyer for the pedestrian accident injuries you’ve incurred. We will put your case at the top of the list and delegate full-time lawyers (not paralegals) to your case from day one. And since we aren’t a churn and burn type of law firm we are not constantly trying to get you the least amount of money acceptable to you so that the case can be settled and the next “client” can be rolled into the mix. We don’t look at our clients this way. Yes, while we have to manage our costs and our revenues like every other firm, but we don’t sacrifice our client commitments we made the day we founded Combs Law Group. So if you’re looking for a pedestrian car accident lawyer who will go to bat for you on day one and stay in the game until the 9th inning homer, then Combs Law Group is the only choice that makes sense for you or your family. We will provide one-on-one attention that you deserve in these trying times, and you will be glad you chose us as your dedicated personal injury lawyer for your case.