Taney County, MO Order of Protection Lawyer
Combs Law’s expert Taney County, MO order of protection defense lawyers are trusted and esteemed criminal defense attorneys dedicated to safeguarding the rights and interests of individuals who have been served with a restraining order. With a proven track record of excellence, Combs Law is committed to providing effective defense solutions to help good people caught in bad situations. Speak to an order of protection defense lawyer in Taney County, MO today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation. You can check out our defense victories here.
What Is an Order of Protection?
An order of protection, also called a restraining order, is a critical legal measure designed to ensure the well-being of individuals who may be facing threats, harassment, or violence from someone in their family or household. It serves as a court-issued directive–signed by a judge–that compels the accused to avoid any form of contact with the petitioner.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §455.020, anybody who is a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sexual assault can file an protective order alleging those actions against a current relative or someone who lives with them.
If a judge determines there is compelling rationale, they can issue an “ex parte order of protection,” which limits contact between the petitioner and their alleged abuser. The ex parte order is issued before a hearing and remains in effect until a hearing. If a hearing doesn’t occur within 15 days, the order of protection automatically expires. After the hearing, a judge can issue a full order that lasts between 180 days to up to two years, depending on how serious a threat the Taney County, MO judge thinks you are.
During this pivotal hearing you need your rights and future protected by expert order of protection defense lawyers in Taney County, MO. If you were served with an order of protection in Taney County, MO, contact Combs Law right away at (314) 900-HELP. We will strive to have your order of protection dismissed and secure the best possible resolution to your case.
Common Situations Involving Orders of Protection in Taney County, MO
Missouri’s Domestic Violence Act offers two primary instances where someone can file an order of protection: abuse and stalking.
- Abuse — Abuse can be acts, attempts or threats involving:
- Injuring a pet
- Assault, or putting another person in fear of physical harm
- Battery, or causing physical harm
- Coercion, or employing threats to pressure a person to comply
- Harassment, or participating in a course of conduct that “alarms or causes distress to another person and serves no legitimate purpose”
- Sexual assault
- Unlawful imprisonment, or confining somebody somewhere against their will
- Stalking — Stalking implies intentionally participating in an unwanted course of conduct that causes alarm.
- Alarm means to invoke fear of physical harm
- Course of conduct means two or more acts that “serve no legitimate purpose” such as following, monitoring, observing, surveilling, threatening, or communicating through any medium or device
Within such complicated and emotionally charged scenarios, the guidance and representation of an order of protection defense lawyer in Taney County, MO can prove to be all the difference in ensuring that the legal process is adhered to appropriately and that no ones rights are infringed on.
Combs Law: Your Taney County, MO Order of Protection Defense Lawyer
When you are facing an order of protection in Taney County, MO, you require a defense lawyer with a deep understanding of the details involved. Our team of knowledgeable attorneys is adept in Taney County and Missouri order of protection law. As your Taney County, MO order of protection defense lawyer, we provide:
- Proven successes — Combs Law maintains a consistent track record of achieving the best possible outcomes for clients who received orders of protection and/or criminal charges in Taney County, MO. Every single one of our clients have a right to have their story presented in court.
- Expertise and experience — Our team is made up of veteran legal professionals with thorough knowledge of order of protection laws, courtroom procedures and negotiation strategies. We leverage this expertise to craft robust defenses specific to your unique circumstances.
- Legal consultation — We extend an initial consultation free of charge to evaluate the specifics of your case, answer your questions, discuss your legal options, and formulate a customized legal strategy.
- Evidence collection — Our team helps in assembling and preserving crucial evidence to bolster your defense, guaranteeing that no detail is ignored and the court will receive the full version of all perspectives of the story.
- Court representation — We offer unwavering representation in court proceedings, standing up for your rights and interests at all phases.
- Negotiation — Our adept negotiators work to reach favorable resolutions when possible, striving to lessen the impact of an order of protection on your life.
By choosing Combs Law as your dedicated Taney County, MO order of protection defense lawyer, you can be confident that you are getting the best possible defense team, getting the support and advocacy you need during this difficult time.
What to Do After Being Served With an Order of Protection
If served with an order of protection in Taney County, MO, it is vital to take immediate and deliberate steps to protect your rights and interests:
- Read the order thoroughly — Begin by thoroughly reading the order of protection document you received. Understand its terms and restrictions to guarantee compliance. While you may not accept everything it says, comprehending it and abiding by it until the hearing is in your long-term best interest.
- Obey the order — Comply closely to the stipulations outlined in the order of protection. Any violation can result in serious legal consequences, including criminal charges.
- Document all communication — Hold onto a detailed record of any communication, interactions or incidents involving the other party. This documentation can serve as essential evidence in your defense.
- Contact an order of protection defense lawyer — Promptly, reach out to a knowledgeable attorney with experience in order of protection cases. Getting legal representation is essential to safeguard your rights and future in the best manner.
- Notify your attorney — Provide all applicable information with your attorney, including details of the situation that resulted in the order of protection. Candidness is key to creating a strong defense.
- Restrictions on possessions — If the order of protection comes with restrictions on entering your home or possessions, comply with these restrictions to steer clear of further legal complications.
Taking these immediate actions will lay the foundation for a strong defense and aid protect your rights during the Taney County, MO order of protection case. Keep in mind that legal representation, like that given by Combs Law’s Taney County, MO order of protection defense attorneys, is vital to direct you through this process.
The Legal Process
Once taking prompt steps following being served an order of protection, it’s essential to understand the legal process that will transpire:
- Filing a response — Your attorney will help you in preparing and filing a response to the order of protection. This response will outline your side of the story and your legal strategy.
- Court dates — Be aware of the court dates and hearings related to your case. Be present at all scheduled court appearances with your attorney to ensure your voice is heard and the court does not side with the petitioner before you have your day in court. The hearing usually comprises:
- Presentation of evidence
- Witness testimony
- Legal arguments
- Issuance or denial of a protection order, accompanied by the duration and explanation of terms (if granted)
Consequences of an Order of Protection in Taney County, MO, Missouri
Facing an order of protection can result in a variety of notable consequences that reach beyond the courtroom:
- Restrictions on contact — The most immediate consequence is the imposed restriction on contacting the protected party. This can interfere with personal relationships, especially if you have in common children, a residence, or other common interests.
- Impact on personal life — Orders of protection can cause the loss of personal freedoms, including constraints on where you can go and who you can be with.
- Criminal charges — Violating the terms of an order of protection can result in criminal charges, including arrest and potential incarceration.
- Firearm restrictions — A respondent facing an order of protection may be banned from owning firearms according to federal law.
- Suspension of concealed carry permit — A concealed carry permit may be suspended if the holder is under a valid full order of protection.
- Immigration consequences — If you’re an immigrant, having an order of protection issued against you may have consequences. Breaking an order of protection can also cause immigration-related issues.
Considering the gravity of the potential consequences, you must have experienced and dedicated legal representation. Combs Law knows the intricacies of order of protection cases in Taney County, MO and is focused on minimizing the impact of these orders on your life. Our knowledgeable attorneys are committed to protecting your rights, exploring legal options, and aiming for the best possible outcome for your case. Don’t traverse the complications of an order of protection alone – have Combs Law be your champion and guide.
Call Combs Law’s Taney County, MO Order of Protection Defense Lawyer Now
If you are confronted with an order of protection or require legal guidance in such matters, we highly recommend you to set up a consultation with Combs Law. In this crucial initial meeting, you will have the chance to talk about the details of your case, convey your concerns, and acquire insights into the legal options available to you.
To take the first step in the direction of safeguarding your rights and future in an order of protection case in Taney County, MO, speak to an order of protection defense lawyer in Taney County, MO now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.
Through Combs Law, we are dedicated to standing by your side during the legal journey, giving steadfast support, knowledge, and advocacy. Do not delay to contact us now to discuss your order of protection case in Taney County, MO and take proactive steps towards safeguarding your rights and future.
Order of Protection Defense Lawyer