Ralls County, MO Order of Protection Lawyer
If you were served with a restraining order in Ralls County, MO you need an experienced order of protection defense lawyer to protect your rights and interests. With a proven track record of excellence, Combs Law is committed to providing effective legal solutions to help good people caught in bad situations. Speak to an order of protection defense lawyer in Ralls County, MO today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation. You can check out our defense victories here.
Understanding Orders of Protection
An order of protection, also known as a restraining order, is a crucial legal instrument designed to safeguard people who may be facing risks, harassment, or violence from someone else. It is a court-issued directive–signed by a judge–that orders the accused to avoid any form of contact with the petitioner.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §455.020, anybody who has suffered from domestic violence, stalking or sexual assault can file an restraining order alleging those actions against a current relative or household member.
If a judge determines there is “good cause”, they can provide an “ex parte order of protection,” which limits contact between the alleged victim and their alleged abuser. The ex parte order is issued before a hearing and remains in effect until all parties gather for a court appearance. If a hearing doesn’t happen within 15 days, the immediate protection automatically expires. After the hearing, a judge can issue a full order that lasts between 180 days to up to two years, depending on how serious a threat the Ralls County, MO judge thinks you are.
During this pivotal hearing you need your rights and future protected by experienced order of protection defense lawyers in Ralls County, MO. If you were given an order of protection in Ralls County, MO, reach out to Combs Law immediately at (314) 900-HELP. We will endeavor to have your order of protection dismissed and achieve the best possible outcome in your case.
Common Situations Involving Orders of Protection in Ralls County, MO
Missouri’s Domestic Violence Act presents two chief instances where someone can file an order of protection: abuse and stalking.
- Abuse — Abuse can be acts, attempts or threats involving:
- Harming a pet
- Assault, or placing another person in fear of being physically injured
- Battery, or causing physical harm
- Coercion, or employing threats to force a person to act in a certain way
- Harassment, or taking part in a course of conduct that “alarms or causes distress to another person and serves no legitimate purpose”
- Sexual assault
- Unlawful imprisonment, or detaining somebody somewhere against their will
- Stalking — Stalking means intentionally undertaking an unwanted course of conduct that causes alarm.
- Alarm means to cause fear of physical harm
- Course of conduct means two or more acts that “serve no legitimate purpose” like tracking, monitoring, observing, surveilling, threatening, or communicating through any method or device
Amidst these complex and highly emotional scenarios, the counsel and representation of an order of protection defense lawyer in Ralls County, MO can be all the difference in ensuring that the legal process is adhered to appropriately and that no ones rights are infringed on.
Combs Law: Your Ralls County, MO Order of Protection Defense Lawyer
When you are facing an order of protection in Ralls County, MO, you require a defense lawyer with a deep understanding of the details involved. Our team of knowledgeable attorneys is well-versed in Ralls County and Missouri order of protection law. As your Ralls County, MO order of protection defense lawyer, we provide:
- Proven successes — Combs Law boasts a strong history of achieving the best possible outcomes for clients facing orders of protection and/or criminal charges in Ralls County, MO. Every single one of our clients are entitled to have their story presented in court.
- Expertise and experience — Our team comprises veteran legal professionals with in-depth knowledge of order of protection laws, courtroom procedures and negotiation strategies. We utilize this expertise to craft robust defenses specific to your unique circumstances.
- Legal consultation — We provide an initial consultation at no cost to examine the specifics of your case, address your questions, review your legal options, and formulate a customized legal strategy.
- Evidence collection — Our team works in gathering and preserving vital evidence to bolster your defense, guaranteeing that no detail is missed and the court will receive the full version of all perspectives of the story.
- Court representation — We provide unwavering representation in court proceedings, fighting for your rights and interests at all phases.
- Negotiation — Our talented negotiators work to reach agreeable resolutions when possible, aiming to mitigate the impact of an order of protection on your life.
With Combs Law as your dedicated Ralls County, MO order of protection defense lawyer, you can feel certain that you are getting the best possible defense team, receiving the support and advocacy you deserve amidst this tough time.
What to Do After Being Served With an Order of Protection
When served with an order of protection in Ralls County, MO, it is imperative to take immediate and deliberate steps to protect your rights and interests:
- Read the order thoroughly — Start with thoroughly reading the order of protection document you’ve been served. Grasp its terms and restrictions to guarantee compliance. While you may not agree with everything it says, comprehending it and adhering to it until the hearing is in your best long-term advantage.
- Do not violate the order — Adhere strictly to the stipulations mandated in the order of protection. Any violation can lead to serious legal consequences, including arrest.
- Document all communication — Keep a comprehensive record of any correspondence, interactions or incidents related to the other party. This documentation can serve as essential evidence in your defense.
- Contact an order of protection defense lawyer — Immediately, contact a qualified attorney with a background in order of protection cases. Getting legal representation is paramount to safeguard your rights and future most effectively.
- Notify your attorney — Share all pertinent information with your attorney, like details of the situation that caused the order of protection. Transparency is key to forming a strong defense.
- Restrictions on possessions — If the order of protection comes with restrictions on entering your home or possessions, comply with these restrictions to prevent further legal complications.
Taking these immediate steps will lay the foundation for a solid defense and assist protect your rights throughout the Ralls County, MO order of protection case. Keep in mind that legal representation, like that given by Combs Law’s Ralls County, MO order of protection defense attorneys, is essential to guide you through this process.
The Legal Process
Once taking prompt steps after being served an order of protection, it’s essential to understand the legal process that will occur:
- Filing a response — Your attorney will aid you in preparing and filing a response to the order of protection. This response will outline your side of the story and your legal strategy.
- Court dates — Be aware of the court dates and hearings associated with your case. Attend all scheduled court appearances with your attorney to guarantee your voice is heard and the court does not side with the petitioner before hearing your side of the story. The hearing usually includes:
- Presentation of evidence
- Witness testimony
- Legal arguments
- Issuance or denial of a protection order, accompanied by the duration and explanation of terms (if granted)
Consequences of an Order of Protection in Ralls County, MO, Missouri
Encountering an order of protection can result in a spectrum of significant consequences that extend beyond the courtroom:
- Restrictions on contact — The primary consequence is the enforced restriction on communicating with the protected party. This can disrupt personal relationships, notably if you share children, a residence, or other common interests.
- Impact on personal life — Orders of protection can cause the loss of personal freedoms, including limitations on where you can go and who you can be with.
- Criminal charges — Violating the terms of an order of protection can lead to criminal charges, like arrest and possible incarceration.
- Firearm restrictions — A respondent under an order of protection may be prohibited from possessing firearms according to federal law.
- Suspension of concealed carry permit — A concealed carry permit may be suspended if the holder is affected by a valid full order of protection.
- Immigration consequences — If you’re an foreign national, having an order of protection imposed on you may have consequences. Infringing an order of protection can also cause immigration-related issues.
Given the seriousness of the potential consequences, you require seasoned and dedicated legal representation. Combs Law understands the subtleties of order of protection cases in Ralls County, MO and is dedicated to reducing the impact of these orders on your life. Our experienced attorneys are focused on defending your rights, investigating legal options, and aiming for the best possible outcome for your case. Don’t wade through the complications of an order of protection alone – have Combs Law be your representative and guide.
Call Combs Law’s Ralls County, MO Order of Protection Defense Lawyer Now
In the event that you are confronted with an order of protection or require legal advice in such matters, we highly urge you to arrange for a consultation with Combs Law. During this crucial initial meeting, you will have the chance to discuss the details of your case, voice your concerns, and obtain insights into the legal options available to you.
To take the preliminary step in the direction of safeguarding your defense in an order of protection case in Ralls County, MO, reach out to an order of protection defense lawyer in Ralls County, MO today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a free consultation.
At Combs Law, we are dedicated to supporting you during the legal journey, providing unwavering support, knowledge, and advocacy. Do not delay to contact us now to talk about your order of protection case in Ralls County, MO and take proactive steps towards protecting your rights and future.
Order of Protection Defense Lawyer