Pulaski County, MO Order of Protection Lawyer
If you were hit with a restraining order in Pulaski County, MO you need an experienced order of protection defense lawyer to protect your rights and interests. With a impressive track record of excellence, Combs Law is committed to providing highly successful legal solutions tailored to the unique needs of our clients. Speak to an order of protection defense lawyer in Pulaski County, MO today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online for a no-cost consultation. You can check out our defense victories here.
Understanding Orders of Protection
An order of protection, also called a restraining order, is a vital legal measure designed to protect people who may be confronting dangers, harassment, or violence from someone else. It serves as a court-issued directive–signed by a judge–that requires the alleged perpetrator to refrain from any form of contact with the petitioner.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §455.020, anybody who has suffered from domestic violence, stalking or sexual assault can file an restraining order alleging those actions against a current family member or someone who lives with them.
If a judge determines there is compelling rationale, they can issue an “ex parte order of protection,” which limits contact between the petitioner and their alleged abuser. The ex parte order is issued before a hearing and remains in effect until a hearing. If a hearing doesn’t occur within 15 days, the order of protection automatically expires. After the hearing, a judge can issue a full order that lasts between 180 days to up to two years, depending on how serious a threat the Pulaski County, MO judge thinks you are.
During this pivotal hearing you need your rights and future protected by expert order of protection defense lawyers in Pulaski County, MO. If you were handed an order of protection in Pulaski County, MO, contact Combs Law right away at (314) 900-HELP. We will strive to have your order of protection dismissed and obtain the best possible resolution to your case.
Common Situations Involving Orders of Protection in Pulaski County, MO
Missouri’s Domestic Violence Act presents two chief instances where someone can file an order of protection: abuse and stalking.
- Abuse — Abuse can be acts, attempts or threats involving:
- Injuring a pet
- Assault, or putting another person in fear of physical harm
- Battery, or inflicting physical harm
- Coercion, or leveraging threats to compel a person to act in a certain way
- Harassment, or engaging in a course of conduct that “alarms or causes distress to another person and serves no legitimate purpose”
- Sexual assault
- Unlawful imprisonment, or detaining somebody somewhere against their will
- Stalking — Stalking implies purposefully undertaking an unwanted course of conduct that causes alarm.
- Alarm means to cause fear of physical harm
- Course of conduct means two or more acts that “serve no legitimate purpose” including tracking, monitoring, observing, surveilling, threatening, or communicating through any medium or device
Amidst these complex and intense scenarios, the guidance and representation of an order of protection defense lawyer in Pulaski County, MO can make all the difference in making sure that the legal process is followed correctly and that all parties’ rights are protected.
Combs Law: Your Pulaski County, MO Order of Protection Defense Lawyer
When you are facing an order of protection in Pulaski County, MO, you should have a defense lawyer with a deep understanding of the details involved. Our team of knowledgeable attorneys is adept in Pulaski County and Missouri order of protection law. As your Pulaski County, MO order of protection defense lawyer, we offer:
- Proven successes — Combs Law has a proven history of achieving the best possible outcomes for clients dealing with orders of protection and/or criminal charges in Pulaski County, MO. Each and every one of our clients have a right to have their story heard in court.
- Expertise and experience — Our team is made up of veteran legal professionals with in-depth knowledge of order of protection laws, courtroom procedures and negotiation strategies. We leverage this expertise to design robust defenses suited for your unique circumstances.
- Legal consultation — We offer an initial consultation free of charge to examine the specifics of your case, answer your questions, discuss your legal options, and formulate a customized legal strategy.
- Evidence collection — Our team assists in assembling and preserving crucial evidence to strengthen your defense, making sure that no detail goes overlooked and the court will receive the full version of every angle of the story.
- Court representation — We offer unwavering representation in court proceedings, advocating for your rights and future at every step.
- Negotiation — Our adept negotiators endeavor to reach agreeable resolutions when possible, striving to lessen the impact of an order of protection on your life.
By choosing Combs Law as your dedicated Pulaski County, MO order of protection defense lawyer, you can rest assured that you are getting the best possible defense team, getting the support and advocacy you need amidst this difficult time.
What to Do After Being Served With an Order of Protection
When served with an order of protection in Pulaski County, MO, it is vital to take immediate and deliberate steps to get the best possible results in your case:
- Read the order thoroughly — Start with meticulously reading the order of protection document you’ve been served. Grasp its terms and restrictions to make sure of compliance. While you may not concur with everything it says, comprehending it and following it until the hearing is in your best long-term advantage.
- Do not violate the order — Stick firmly to the stipulations specified in the order of protection. Any violation can result in serious legal consequences, like criminal charges.
- Document all communication — Maintain a thorough record of any interactions, interactions or incidents involving the petitioner. This documentation can serve as crucial evidence in your defense.
- Contact an order of protection defense lawyer — Promptly, reach out to a qualified attorney with expertise in order of protection cases. Obtaining legal representation is essential to protect your rights and future in the most optimal way.
- Notify your attorney — Give all applicable information with your attorney, including details of the situation that resulted in the order of protection. Candidness is key to forming a robust defense.
- Restrictions on possessions — If the order of protection has restrictions on reaching your home or possessions, abide by these restrictions to prevent further legal complications.
Taking these immediate steps will lay the foundation for a strong defense and assist safeguard your rights through the Pulaski County, MO order of protection case. Keep in mind that legal representation, like that offered by Combs Law’s Pulaski County, MO order of protection defense attorneys, is essential to guide you through this process.
The Legal Process
Upon taking immediate steps post being served an order of protection, it’s vital to understand the legal process that will transpire:
- Filing a response — Your attorney will aid you in preparing and filing a response to the order of protection. This response will outline your version of events and your defense strategy.
- Court dates — Be aware of the court dates and hearings associated with your case. Be present at all scheduled court appearances with your attorney to ensure your voice is recognized and the court does not side with the petitioner before hearing your side of the story. The hearing usually comprises:
- Presentation of evidence
- Witness testimony
- Legal arguments
- Granting or refusal of a protection order, accompanied by the duration and explanation of terms (if granted)
Consequences of an Order of Protection in Pulaski County, MO, Missouri
Encountering an order of protection can cause a variety of significant consequences that extend beyond the courtroom:
- Restrictions on contact — The primary consequence is the imposed restriction on reaching out to the protected party. This can interfere with personal relationships, especially if you have in common children, a residence, or other common interests.
- Impact on personal life — Orders of protection can cause the loss of personal freedoms, like limitations on where you can go and who you can associate with.
- Criminal charges — Violating the terms of an order of protection can lead to criminal charges, including arrest and potential incarceration.
- Firearm restrictions — A respondent subject to an order of protection may be forbidden from possessing firearms according to federal law.
- Suspension of concealed carry permit — A concealed carry permit may be suspended if the holder is under a valid full order of protection.
- Immigration consequences — If you’re an immigrant, having an order of protection placed on you may have consequences. Breaking an order of protection can also lead to immigration-related issues.
Given the seriousness of the potential consequences, you must have knowledgeable and dedicated legal representation. Combs Law understands the subtleties of order of protection cases in Pulaski County, MO and is focused on reducing the impact of these orders on your life. Our knowledgeable attorneys are devoted to defending your rights, exploring legal options, and seeking the best possible outcome for your case. Do not traverse the complications of an order of protection alone – have Combs Law be your representative and guide.
Call Combs Law’s Pulaski County, MO Order of Protection Defense Lawyer Now
In the event that you are dealing with an order of protection or require legal advice in such matters, we highly urge you to arrange for a consultation with Combs Law. In this pivotal initial meeting, you will have the chance to discuss the details of your case, convey your concerns, and acquire insights into the legal options accessible for you.
To begin the first step towards ensuring your rights and interests in an order of protection case in Pulaski County, MO, talk to an order of protection defense lawyer in Pulaski County, MO now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us through our website for a free consultation.
With Combs Law, we are committed to standing by your side through the legal journey, giving unwavering support, legal skill, and advocacy. Don’t delay to contact us today to go over your order of protection case in Pulaski County, MO and take proactive steps towards defending your rights and future.
Order of Protection Defense Lawyer