DWI Lawyer in Wright City, MO
DWI Lawyer in Wright City, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is likely one of the worst experiences a Wright City, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driver’s license for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face increased insurance premiums, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Wright City, MO community or your workplace could take a significant hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Wright City, MO area, it’s critical to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in Wright City. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Wright City, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient DWI lawyer on your Wright City, MO case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and achieving a more favorable outcome such as reduced charges or even dismissal. At Combs Law Group, our knowledgeable Wright City, MO DWI attorneys are dedicated advocates for all our Wright City, MO area DWI clients. Whether this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm is committed to providing your Wright City, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We devise a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible outcome for you.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending individuals in Wright City accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring complete client satisfaction in every facet of our service. When facing DWI charges near Wright City, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial challenges you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Wright City, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Wright City, MO area, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Wright City, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and select a well-lit safe area. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Wright City, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement is seeking any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary information. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Wright City, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during the stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Wright City, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Wright City, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has serious legal consequences in Wright City, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group attorney will provide that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Wright City, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Wright City, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense possibly resulting in significant consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced Wright City, MO legal team makes sure that the citizens of Wright City, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. Along with DWI defense in Wright City, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Wright City, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, which include these penalties:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, verifiable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component in a Wright City, MO DWI case pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Most drivers in the Wright City, MO area may not be aware that , provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Wright City, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the DWI lawyers with experience in Wright City, MO at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will quickly address both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Wright City police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built for success. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible outcomes for our Wright City, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Wright City area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Wright City, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Wright City, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Wright City, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, amass evidence, and construct a robust case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your Wright City DWI arrest will be substantially mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Wright City, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm combines top-notch legal expertise and aggressive litigation with a dedication to personal service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Wright City, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Wright City, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP to schedule a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Wright City, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.