DWI Lawyer Winchester, MO
DWI Lawyer in Winchester, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is likely one of the worst fears a Winchester, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face increased insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Winchester, MO community or your workplace could take a substantial hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries such as Canada prohibit individuals with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Winchester, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-obligation consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Winchester, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and effective Winchester, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and achieving a more favorable outcome such as reduced charges or even dismissal. At Combs Law Group, our knowledgeable Winchester, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the Winchester, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Winchester, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending Winchester residents accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring complete client satisfaction in every facet of our service. When facing DWI charges near Winchester, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Winchester, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Winchester, MO area, it’s natural to feel nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are accused of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in Winchester, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and choose a well-lit safe area. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being stopped for DWI in the Winchester, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement is seeking any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary information. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Winchester, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in the stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Winchester, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Winchester, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Winchester, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will do that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Winchester, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Winchester, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following repercussions under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Winchester, MO legal team makes sure that the residents of Winchester, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. Along with DWI defense in Winchester, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous types of cases, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Winchester, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, verifiable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet in a Winchester, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages your license revocation or suspension. Many drivers in the Winchester, MO area may not be aware that , as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Winchester, MO.
When you hire the DWI lawyers with experience in Winchester, MO at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Winchester police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built for success. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible results for our Winchester, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Winchester area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Winchester, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Winchester, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Winchester, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your Winchester DWI arrest will be significantly mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Winchester, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm blends top-notch legal expertise and aggressive advocacy with a commitment to personalized service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Winchester, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Winchester, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial case review and put the experienced Winchester, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.