DWI Lawyer Wentzville, MO
DWI Lawyer in Wentzville, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is potentially one of the worst fears a Wentzville, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face raising insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Wentzville, MO community or your workplace could take a substantial hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries such as Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Wentzville, MO area, it’s crucial to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in Wentzville. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Wentzville, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient DWI lawyer on your Wentzville, MO case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and reaching a more favorable outcome such as reduced or even dismissed charges. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Wentzville, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our Wentzville, MO area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm is committed to providing your Wentzville, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We formulate a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible results for you.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending individuals in Wentzville accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring complete client satisfaction in every facet of our service. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Wentzville, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter what financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your Wentzville, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Wentzville, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re accused of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in Wentzville, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, selecting a well-lit area on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Wentzville, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement is seeking any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary data. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Wentzville, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during the stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Wentzville, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Wentzville, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal repercussions in Wentzville, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will do that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Wentzville, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Wentzville, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense possibly resulting in significant consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Wentzville, MO legal team makes sure that the citizens of Wentzville, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. In addition to DWI defense in Wentzville, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many forms of law, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Wentzville, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, verifiable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component of a DWI case in Wentzville, MO pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages the revocation or suspension of your license. Most drivers in the Wentzville, MO area may not be aware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Wentzville, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the Wentzville, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Wentzville police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built to win. Call us right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible outcomes for our Wentzville, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Wentzville area, as highlighted by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Wentzville, MO | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Wentzville, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Wentzville, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, amass evidence, and build your case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your Wentzville DWI arrest will be greatly mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Wentzville, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly combines unparalleled legal expertise and assertive litigation with a commitment to personalized service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Wentzville, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to gain complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Wentzville, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP to schedule a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Wentzville, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.