Ask us about our affordable payment options.
DWI Lawyer in Webster Groves, MO
DWI Lawyer in Webster Groves, MO. Getting pulled over and suspected of driving while intoxicated is almost certainly one of the worst worries a Webster Groves-area motorist can have. Not only will you be prohibited from driving for at least sixty days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, your insurance premiums will drastically increase, and have points on your license for the near future. Even worse, your status in the community will take a sizable impact, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be cut off, as nations such as Canada bar travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Webster Groves?
Having an effective and aggressive Webster Groves, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be — and often is — the difference between being found guilty to DWI and facing all its punishments, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our veteran St. Louis DWI lawyers fight relentlessly on behalf of all our Webster Groves, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if you have previous DWIs on your record, our firm will give your Webster Groves DWI case the personal attention you expect and create a legal strategy that is made to get you the best results.
Our track record of success for those facing DWI charges is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been stopped by a police officer who believes that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s logical to be nervous. Being pulled over by the cops for any moving violation is something that can lead to a “fight or flight” reaction, and this is only heightened when you are suspected of impaired driving. Having tried many Webster Groves-area DWI cases, our firm suggests that you do the following if you are ever pulled over for DUI:
- Find a secure place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or stop at a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Record the entire interaction with your phone. Having your own record of your Webster Groves DWI stop can greatly improve your case and find potential differences between the police account and what really happened. Police officers are required to follow a specific protocol in every DWI stop, and any wrong or skipped action can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a passcode, too: courts have ruled that police can search and detain unlocked cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being hostile to a law enforcement officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI.
- Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your insurance card and license, but do not give them anything else. Cops are on the lookout for for any excuse to continue an investigation and take you into custody, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driving privileges for 12 months if you refuse a breathalyzer or blood test, this only applies after you have been taken into custody for DWI. Hand-held breathalyzers are not always reliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to place you under arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the precinct, any issues that came up in your stop, or additional questions you might have can make the difference between paying substantial fines and your case potentially being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Webster Groves, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two halves: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are stiff. Even a first Webster Groves DWI offense could lead to these consequences under Missouri law, as it is classified as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Webster Groves, MO, you will likely be looking at class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in custody before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, an ignition interlock device (which keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Regular, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative half of a Webster Groves, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Most Webster Groves-area drivers do not know that you can appeal the mandatory suspension or revocation of your license, so long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest. When you work with the Webster Groves, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can rest assured that our firm will take on both sides of your DWI case without delay and fight fiercely to reduce the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will obtain evidence, look at the details of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the police report or arrest, and draw up a strategy that is built to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI VictoriesOur track record for getting optimal results for our Webster Groves, MO DWI clients is unequaled, as seen by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Webster Groves DWI Lawyer Who Gets Results | Combs Law Group
If you have just been arrested and accused of driving while intoxicated in Webster Groves, MO, you are probably well aware that time is money when it comes to your case. The sooner you can get a trusted Webster Groves DWI lawyer to read documents, gather evidence, and build your defense, the higher the chances are that the punishments resulting from your Webster Groves DWI arrest will be greatly limited, if not erased.
Combs Law Group has helped many Webster Groves-area residents of all kinds fight DWI charges. Our firm merges top-notch legal knowledge and combative litigation with a promise to provide personal service and communication that is unmatched among Webster Groves DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, regardless of the situation, and no matter where you are, they will be able to answer your call and talk with you about your case or any other legal concern. This is part of our commitment to total client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Webster Groves, MO area, call (314) 900-HELP first to schedule a free initial consultation and put the experienced Webster Groves DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group in your corner.