DWI Lawyer Washington, MO
DWI Lawyer in Washington, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, particularly considering the potential repercussions for Washington, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Washington community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be thwarted, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for people with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Washington, MO area, it’s critical to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in Washington. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Washington, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective Washington, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and reaching a more favorable outcome such as reduced or even dismissed charges. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Washington, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the Washington, MO area facing DWI charges. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Washington, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Washington is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in all that we do. When facing DWI charges near Washington, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Washington, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Washington, MO area, it’s natural to feel nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Washington, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, choosing a well-lit location on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Washington, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement is seeking any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Washington, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in the stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the crucial difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Washington, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Washington, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has serious legal repercussions in Washington, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will do that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Washington, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Washington, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following repercussions under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Washington, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of Washington, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. In addition to DWI defense in Washington, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Washington, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing potential penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, verifiable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative aspect in a Washington, MO DWI case has to do with your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles the revocation or suspension of your license. Many drivers in the Washington, MO area do not know that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Washington, MO.
When you hire the Washington, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the Washington police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win. Give us a call now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible results for our Washington, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Washington area, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Washington, MO | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Washington, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Washington, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your Washington DWI arrest will be greatly mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Washington, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm blends top-notch legal expertise and assertive advocacy with a dedication to personal service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Washington, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI lawyers assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or circumstance, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Washington, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call for a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Washington, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.