DWI Lawyer Union, MO
DWI Lawyer in Union, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is potentially one of the worst fears a Union, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face raising insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Union, MO community or your workplace could take a significant hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit individuals with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Union, MO area, it’s crucial to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in Union. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Union, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and effective Union, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and achieving a more favorable outcome such as reduced or even dismissed charges. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Union, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the Union, MO area facing DWI charges. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Union, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible outcome.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Union is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in all that we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Union, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you regardless of any financial challenges you might have to help you beat your Union, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Union, MO, it’s natural to feel nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Union, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and choose a well-lit safe location. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Union, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary data. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Union, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during the stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the critical difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Union, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Union, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Union, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group attorney will do that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Union, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Union, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense possibly resulting in significant repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, categorizing it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Union, MO legal team makes sure that the residents of Union, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. Along with DWI defense in Union, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many forms of law, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Union, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet in a Union, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Many drivers in the Union, MO area do not know that , provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Union, MO.
When you hire the DWI lawyers with experience in Union, MO at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Union police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win. Call us right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible outcomes for our Union, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Union area, as highlighted by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Union, MO | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Union, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is crucial in securing a seasoned Union, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your Union DWI arrest will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Union, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and aggressive advocacy with a commitment to personal service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Union, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Union, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP to schedule a free initial case review and put the experienced Union, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.