Ask us about our affordable payment options.
DWI Lawyer in Truxton, MO
DWI Lawyer in Truxton, MO. Getting pulled over and charged with driving while intoxicated is arguably one of the biggest worries a Truxton-area motorist can have. Not only will you be suspended of your driving privileges for a minimum of sixty days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face increased insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. To make matters worse, your image among friends and neighbors will take a sizable impact, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be cut off, as countries including Canada bar travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Truxton?
Having an effective and aggressive Truxton, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be — and often is — the difference between being found guilty to DWI and facing all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced St. Louis DWI lawyers fight tirelessly on behalf of all our Truxton, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for any moving violation or if you have faced DWI charges before, our firm will give your Truxton DWI case the personal attention you deserve and plan a legal strategy that is made to get you the best possible results.
Our track record of success for those facing DWI charges is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you with no regard to any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been stopped by a police officer who believes that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s understandable to be nervous. Being pulled over by the cops for any traffic infraction is something that can lead to a “fight or flight” response, and this is only heightened when you are suspected of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of Truxton-area DWI cases, our firm suggests that you follow these steps if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Find a secure place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, stop there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Record the entire stop with your phone. Having your own record of your Truxton DWI stop can greatly improve your case and find potential inconsistencies between the police report and what actually occured. Police officers are mandated to follow a specific protocol in every DWI stop, and any incorrect or overlooked step can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a passcode, as well: judges have ruled that police can seize and search unlocked cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to heightened scrutiny. A little politeness goes a long way when stopped for DWI.
- Keep in mind: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your insurance card and license, but nothing more. Cops are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically suspends your driving privileges for one year if you do not take a breathalyzer or blood test, this only comes into effect after you have been arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are not always reliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to take you into custody.
- If you are arrested, talk to a lawyer as soon as you can. Your conversation with an attorney is completely privileged and confidential under Missouri law. Getting advice from a veteran St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a BAC test at the precinct, any issues that came up in your stop, or further questions you might have can be the difference between paying substantial fines and your case potentially being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Truxton, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two halves: a criminal process and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you are well aware, are serious. Even a first Truxton DWI offense could lead to the following punishments under Missouri law, as it is defined as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Truxton, MO, you will likely be looking at class A misdemeanor charges, which carry these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in custody before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, an ignition interlock device (which keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Regular, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative portion of a Truxton, MO DWI case regards your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Truxton-area drivers are not aware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your original arrest. When you hire the Truxton, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be sure that our firm will handle both components of your DWI case without delay and work hard to reduce the consequences a DWI arrest has on your life. We will collect evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential problems in the police report or arrest, and draw up a strategy that is made to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI VictoriesOur track record for getting the best outcomes for our Truxton, MO DWI clients is unmatched, as seen by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Truxton DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Truxton, MO, you are certainly well aware that time is money when it comes to your case. The sooner you can get a trusted Truxton DWI lawyer to look over documents, obtain evidence, and build your defense, the higher the chances are that the punishments resulting from your Truxton DWI arrest will be greatly reduced, if not erased.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Truxton-area residents of all kinds fight DWI accusations. Our firm combines first-rate legal expertise and hard-nosed litigation with a promise to provide personal service and communication that is unmatched among Truxton DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers promise that regardless of what time it is, no matter the situation, and regardless of where you are, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal matter. This is part of our promise of total client satisfaction, which our former clients can speak to as well.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Truxton, MO area, call (314) 900-HELP first to schedule a free initial document review and get the skilled Truxton DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group on your case.