DWI Lawyer in Truesdale, MO
DWI Lawyer in Truesdale, MO. Being pulled over and suspected of driving while intoxicated is almost certainly one of the worst worries a Truesdale-area motorist can have. Not only will you be suspended of your driving privileges for at least sixty days, you will have to pay a significant fine, your insurance rates will go up, and have points on your license for the near future. Even worse, your image in the community will take a significant blow, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries such as Canada bar travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
Have You Been Pulled Over For DWI in Truesdale?
Having an effective and aggressive Truesdale, MO DWI lawyer on your team can be — and often is — the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its punishments, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our veteran St. Louis DWI lawyers fight relentlessly for all our Truesdale, MO-area DWI clients. Whether this is the first time you have ever been stopped for anything or if you have previous DWIs on your record, our firm will give your Truesdale DWI case the personal attention you deserve and create a legal strategy that is made to get you the best results.
Our record of success for those facing DWI charges is unmatched, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial consultations are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter any financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your St. Louis DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who believes that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it’s natural to be nervous. Being pulled over by the cops for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” reaction, and this is only increased when you are accused of impaired driving. Having tried a substantial number of Truesdale-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you follow these steps if you are ever pulled over for DUI:
- Find a safe place to pull over. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try not to park on grass.
- Record the entire stop with your phone. Having your own account of your Truesdale DWI stop can greatly help your case and find potential inconsistencies between the police report and what really happened. Police officers are required to follow a specific procedure in every DWI stop, and any wrong or skipped action can result in your case being dismissed. Make sure that your phone is locked and secured with a passcode, too: courts have ruled that police can search and detain unsecured cell phones.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Being aggressive with a cop will increase the likelihood that they will search your car or subject you to heightened scrutiny. Being polite is the best thing to do when stopped for DWI.
- Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but nothing more. Officers are looking for any reason to find probable cause and take you into custody, so do not give them one.
- Do not take a hand-heldportable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driving privileges for 12 months if you refuse a breathalyzer or blood test, this only comes into effect after you have been arrested for DWI. Hand-held breathalyzers are often unreliable and are only used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer immediately. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced St. Louis DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the precinct, any issues that came up during your stop, or further questions you might have can be the difference between paying substantial fines and your case possibly being dismissed.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Truesdale, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first Truesdale DWI offense could lead to these punishments under Missouri law, as it is classified as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as SATOP
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as an SR-22
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Truesdale, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include at least 10 days of “shock time” in custody before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, an ignition interlock device (which prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit)
- Continuous, verifiable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as an SR-22
The administrative half of a Truesdale, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Truesdale-area drivers are not aware that you can appeal the mandatory suspension or revocation of your license, but only if that appeal is filed within 15 days of your original arrest. When you hire the Truesdale, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can rest assured that our firm will take on both sides of your DWI case without delay and fight tirelessly to limit the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will collect evidence, look at the details of your case, identify potential problems in the police report or arrest, and draw up a strategy that is made to win.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our Truesdale, MO DWI clients is unequaled, as seen by these results:
St. Louis County man with previous DUI arrests avoids felony charges.
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Contact A Truesdale DWI Lawyer Who Gets Results | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and accused of driving while intoxicated in Truesdale, MO, you are definitely well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get an experienced Truesdale DWI lawyer to read documents, gather evidence, and craft your case, the better the odds are that the effects resulting from your Truesdale DWI arrest will be greatly limited, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped many Truesdale-area residents from all walks of life fight DWI accusations. Our firm melds first-rate legal acumen and combative litigation with a commitment to personal attention and communication that is unequaled among Truesdale DWI law firms. Our DWI lawyers guarantee that no matter the time, regardless of the situation, and regardless of where you are, they will be able to answer your call and talk about your case or any other legal matter. This is part of our promise of total client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you get pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Truesdale, MO area, call (314) 900-HELP first to schedule a free initial case review and get the skilled Truesdale DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.