DWI Lawyer Truesdale, MO
DWI Lawyer in Truesdale, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience, especially considering the potential repercussions for Truesdale, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance premiums, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Truesdale community or your professional sphere. Additionally, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for individuals with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Truesdale, MO area, it’s crucial to enlist the support of a highly skilled DWI lawyer in Truesdale. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Truesdale, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and effective DWI lawyer on your Truesdale, MO case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned Truesdale, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our Truesdale, MO area DWI clients. No matter if this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm is committed to providing your Truesdale, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We devise a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible results for you.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending Truesdale residents accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring total client satisfaction in every facet of our service. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Truesdale, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter what financial difficulties you might have to help you beat your Truesdale, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Truesdale, MO area, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you are accused of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of Truesdale, MO-area DWI cases, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and select a well-lit safe location. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being stopped for DWI near Truesdale, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement is seeking any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary information. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Truesdale, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the critical difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Truesdale, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Truesdale, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Truesdale, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group attorney will provide that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Truesdale, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Truesdale, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following consequences under Missouri law, as it is categorized as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Truesdale, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of Truesdale, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. Along with DWI defense in Truesdale, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous forms of law, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Truesdale, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing potential penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, trackable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative aspect in a Truesdale, MO DWI case pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most Truesdale, MO-area drivers do not know that , provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Truesdale, MO.
When you hire the Truesdale, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Truesdale police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible outcomes for our Truesdale, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Truesdale area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Truesdale, MO | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Truesdale, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. Swift action is crucial in securing a seasoned Truesdale, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your Truesdale DWI arrest will be significantly mitigated or even eradicated.
For numerous people in Truesdale, MO, Combs Law Group has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm blends top-notch legal expertise and aggressive advocacy with a commitment to personalized service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Truesdale, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or situation, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Truesdale, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call for a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Truesdale, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.