DWI Lawyer Troy, MO
DWI Lawyer in Troy, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, particularly considering the likely repercussions for Troy, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Troy community or your professional sphere. Additionally, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for people with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Troy, MO area, it’s crucial to enlist the support of a highly skilled DWI lawyer in Troy. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Troy, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and proficient Troy, MO DWI lawyer on your case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and achieving a more favorable outcome such as reduced charges or even dismissal. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned Troy, MO DWI attorneys are dedicated advocates for all our Troy, MO area DWI clients. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Troy, MO DWI case the personal attention you expect and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Troy is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in all that we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Troy, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter what financial challenges you might have to help you beat your Troy, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Troy, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of Troy, MO-area DWI cases, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and choose a well-lit safe location. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being stopped for DWI near Troy, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement is seeking any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary information. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Troy, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Troy, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Troy, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Troy, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will do that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Troy, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Troy, MO
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense possibly resulting in substantial repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Troy, MO legal team ensures that the residents of Troy, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. In addition to DWI defense in Troy, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Troy, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative aspect in a Troy, MO DWI case pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages the revocation or suspension of your license. Most Troy, MO-area drivers do not know that , as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Troy, MO.
When you hire the Troy, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the Troy police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built for success. Give us a call right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our Troy, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Troy area, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Troy, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Troy, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Troy, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your Troy DWI arrest will be substantially mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Troy, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly combines unparalleled legal expertise and assertive litigation with a dedication to personal service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Troy, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Troy, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Troy, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.