DWI Lawyer Sunset Hills, MO
DWI Lawyer in Sunset Hills, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, particularly considering the potential repercussions for Sunset Hills, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Sunset Hills community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for individuals with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Sunset Hills, MO area, it’s critical to enlist the support of a highly skilled DWI lawyer in Sunset Hills. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Sunset Hills, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient DWI lawyer on your Sunset Hills, MO case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our knowledgeable Sunset Hills, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the Sunset Hills, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Sunset Hills, MO DWI case the personal attention you expect and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible outcome.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending individuals in Sunset Hills accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring total client satisfaction in every facet of our service. When facing DWI charges near Sunset Hills, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial challenges you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Sunset Hills, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Sunset Hills, MO area, it’s natural to feel nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you are facing accusations of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in Sunset Hills, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, selecting a well-lit location on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being stopped for DWI in the Sunset Hills, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement is seeking any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Sunset Hills, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the critical difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Sunset Hills, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Sunset Hills, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has severe legal repercussions in Sunset Hills, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group attorney will provide that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Sunset Hills, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Sunset Hills, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following consequences under Missouri law, as it is categorized as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced Sunset Hills, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of Sunset Hills, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. In addition to DWI defense in Sunset Hills, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous forms of law, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Sunset Hills, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, verifiable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component of a DWI case in Sunset Hills, MO pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with the revocation or suspension of your license. Most drivers in the Sunset Hills, MO area do not know that , provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Sunset Hills, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the Sunset Hills, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Sunset Hills police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built to win. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible results for our Sunset Hills, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Sunset Hills area, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Sunset Hills, MO | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Sunset Hills, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. Swift action is crucial in securing a seasoned Sunset Hills, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your DWI arrest in Sunset Hills will be substantially mitigated or even eradicated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Sunset Hills, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and aggressive advocacy with a dedication to personalized service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Sunset Hills, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Sunset Hills, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP to schedule a free initial case review and put the experienced Sunset Hills, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.