DWI Lawyer Steelville, MO
DWI Lawyer in Steelville, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, especially considering the potential repercussions for Steelville, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Steelville community or your professional sphere. Additionally, international travel prospects may be thwarted, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for people with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Steelville, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-strings-attached consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Steelville, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and effective Steelville, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our knowledgeable Steelville, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our Steelville, MO area DWI clients. Whether this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Steelville, MO DWI case the personal attention you expect and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Steelville is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in all that we do. When facing DWI charges near Steelville, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial challenges you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Steelville, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After being pulled over by a police officer suspecting impairment due to alcohol or drugs in the Steelville, MO area, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are facing accusations of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in Steelville, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and select a well-lit safe location. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI in the Steelville, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Steelville, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Steelville, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Steelville, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal repercussions in Steelville, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group attorney will do that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Steelville, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Steelville, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in significant repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Steelville, MO legal team ensures that the residents of Steelville, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. Along with DWI defense in Steelville, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Steelville, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, which include these penalties:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component of a DWI case in Steelville, MO pertains to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Most drivers in the Steelville, MO area may be unaware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Steelville, MO.
When you hire the DWI lawyers with experience in Steelville, MO at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will quickly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Steelville police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built for success. Call us right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible results for our Steelville, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the Steelville area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Steelville, MO | Combs Law Group
If you have recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Steelville, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. Swift action is crucial in securing a seasoned Steelville, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your DWI arrest in Steelville will be substantially mitigated or even eradicated.
For numerous people in Steelville, MO, Combs Law Group has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly combines unparalleled legal expertise and aggressive advocacy with a dedication to personal service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Steelville, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or situation, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Steelville, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial case review and put the experienced Steelville, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.