DWI Lawyer Ste. Genevieve, MO
DWI Lawyer in Ste. Genevieve, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is potentially one of the worst fears a Ste. Genevieve, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face increased insurance premiums, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Ste. Genevieve, MO community or your workplace could take a significant hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Ste. Genevieve, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-strings-attached consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Ste. Genevieve, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective Ste. Genevieve, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Ste. Genevieve, MO DWI attorneys are dedicated advocates for all our Ste. Genevieve, MO area DWI clients. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Ste. Genevieve, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Ste. Genevieve is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in everything we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near Ste. Genevieve, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter what financial challenges you might have to help you beat your Ste. Genevieve, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Ste. Genevieve, MO, it’s natural to feel nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Ste. Genevieve, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and select a well-lit safe location. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being stopped for DWI near Ste. Genevieve, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary data. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Ste. Genevieve, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Ste. Genevieve, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Ste. Genevieve, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has serious legal repercussions in Ste. Genevieve, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group attorney will do that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Ste. Genevieve, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Ste. Genevieve, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in significant consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, categorizing it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be converted to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Ste. Genevieve, MO legal team ensures that the residents of Ste. Genevieve, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. Along with DWI defense in Ste. Genevieve, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous types of cases, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Ste. Genevieve, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, trackable BAC monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative aspect of a DWI case in Ste. Genevieve, MO relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages the revocation or suspension of your license. Most Ste. Genevieve, MO-area drivers may not be aware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Ste. Genevieve, MO.
When you hire the Ste. Genevieve, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will tackle both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential holes in the Ste. Genevieve police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win. Call us now at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible results for our Ste. Genevieve, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Ste. Genevieve area, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Ste. Genevieve, MO | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Ste. Genevieve, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Ste. Genevieve, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your Ste. Genevieve DWI arrest will be substantially mitigated or even eradicated.
For numerous people in Ste. Genevieve, MO, Combs Law Group has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly combines unparalleled legal expertise and assertive litigation with a dedication to personalized service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Ste. Genevieve, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or circumstance, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to achieve complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Ste. Genevieve, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call for a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Ste. Genevieve, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.