DWI Lawyer St. Francois County, MO
DWI Lawyer in St. Francois County, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, particularly considering the likely repercussions for St. Francois County, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your St. Francois County community or your professional sphere. Additionally, international travel prospects may be thwarted, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for individuals with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the St. Francois County, MO area, it’s crucial to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in St. Francois County. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the St. Francois County, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and effective St. Francois County, MO DWI lawyer on your case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced St. Francois County, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our St. Francois County, MO area DWI clients. Whether this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm is committed to providing your St. Francois County, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We devise a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible results for you.
Our unparalleled track record of success in defending St. Francois County residents accused of DWI speaks volumes, and our dedication extends to ensuring total client satisfaction in every facet of our service. When facing DWI charges near St. Francois County, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in St. Francois County, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near St. Francois County, MO, it’s natural to feel nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is only increased when you’re accused of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in St. Francois County, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and choose a well-lit safe area. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI near St. Francois County, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary data. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced St. Francois County, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the crucial difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in St. Francois County, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring St. Francois County, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has serious legal repercussions in St. Francois County, MO, including fines, license suspension, and potential jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will provide that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring St. Francois County, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in St. Francois County, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense possibly resulting in substantial consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, referred to as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced St. Francois County, MO legal team ensures that the residents of St. Francois County, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. In addition to DWI defense in St. Francois County, MO, our lawyers are experienced in many types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in St. Francois County, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing potential penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, trackable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative component in a St. Francois County, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with the revocation or suspension of your license. Most drivers in the St. Francois County, MO area may not be aware that you can appeal the automatic suspension or revocation of your license, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in St. Francois County, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the St. Francois County, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will tackle both components of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the St. Francois County police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built to win. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible results for our St. Francois County, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the St. Francois County area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A St. Francois County, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in St. Francois County, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. The sooner you can get a skilled St. Francois County, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your St. Francois County DWI arrest will be substantially reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of St. Francois County, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm blends top-notch legal expertise and assertive litigation with a dedication to personal service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near St. Francois County, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI lawyers promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to gain complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the St. Francois County, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call to schedule a free initial case review and put the experienced St. Francois County, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group to work for you.