DWI Lawyer in St. Clair, MO
DWI Lawyer in St. Clair, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a frightening experience, especially considering the likely repercussions for St. Clair, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance premiums, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your St. Clair community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for people with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier St. Clair, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-obligation consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the St. Clair, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and effective DWI lawyer on your St. Clair, MO case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and achieving a more favorable outcome such as reduced charges or even dismissal. At Combs Law Group, our experienced St. Clair, MO DWI attorneys are devoted advocates for all our St. Clair, MO area DWI clients. No matter if this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your St. Clair, MO DWI case the personal attention you expect and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible outcome.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in St. Clair is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in all that we do. After you have been arrested for DWI in or anywhere near St. Clair, MO, make (314) 900-HELP your first call. Initial case reviews are always free, and Combs Law Group will work with you no matter what financial challenges you might have to help you beat your St. Clair, MO DWI charges.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near St. Clair, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in St. Clair, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, choosing a well-lit location on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Avoid parking on grass to maintain safety and compliance.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being pulled over for DWI in the St. Clair, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Give the officer your license and insurance/registration, but refrain from offering additional information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary data. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by stating that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced St. Clair, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during your stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing your driving privileges for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in St. Clair, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring St. Clair, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has serious legal consequences in St. Clair, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will do that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring St. Clair, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in St. Clair, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in substantial repercussions as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced St. Clair, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of St. Clair, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. Along with DWI defense in St. Clair, MO, our lawyers are experienced in numerous types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in St. Clair, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these penalties:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, trackable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative aspect of a DWI case in St. Clair, MO relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles the revocation or suspension of your license. Most drivers in the St. Clair, MO area may be unaware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in St. Clair, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the St. Clair, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will quickly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential discrepancies in the St. Clair police report or arrest, and craft a strategy that is built for success. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible results for our St. Clair, MO DWI clients is unmatched in the St. Clair area, as highlighted by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in St. Clair, MO | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in St. Clair, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a skilled St. Clair, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, amass evidence, and build your case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your St. Clair DWI arrest will be substantially reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of St. Clair, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm combines top-notch legal expertise and assertive litigation with a dedication to personal service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near St. Clair, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI lawyers assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or situation, they will promptly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the St. Clair, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP for a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced St. Clair, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.