DWI Lawyer Sappington, MO
DWI Lawyer in Sappington, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is potentially one of the worst experiences a Sappington, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driver’s license for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face increased insurance premiums, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Sappington, MO community or your workplace could take a substantial hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries like Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Sappington, MO area, it’s critical to enlist the support of a highly skilled DWI lawyer in Sappington. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Sappington, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective DWI lawyer on your Sappington, MO case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our knowledgeable Sappington, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our clients throughout the Sappington, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is the first time you have ever been pulled over for anything or if this is not the first time you are facing DWI charges, our firm will give your Sappington, MO DWI case the personal attention you expect and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible outcome.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Sappington is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. When facing DWI charges near Sappington, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial challenges you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Sappington, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Sappington, MO, it’s natural to feel nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Sappington, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, choosing a well-lit location on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI in the Sappington, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Remember: you have the right to remain silent. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary information. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. Refrain from taking a portable breath test. While Missouri enforces implied consent laws that lead to a one-year license revocation for refusing a breathalyzer or blood test, this is applicable only after you are formally arrested for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used as a way for an officer to get probable cause to arrest you.
- Call a lawyer if you are arrested. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Sappington, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in your stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the crucial difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Sappington, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Sappington, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Sappington, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will do that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas surrounding Sappington, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with an attorney familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Sappington, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri, as you likely know, are serious. Even a first DWI offense could lead to the following consequences under Missouri law, as it is categorized as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Sappington, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of Sappington, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. Along with DWI defense in Sappington, MO, our attorneys are experienced in numerous forms of law, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Sappington, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, which include these penalties:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, at your own expense, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, verifiable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative aspect in a Sappington, MO DWI case relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with your license revocation or suspension. Most Sappington, MO-area drivers may be unaware that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Sappington, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the Sappington, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will promptly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, look at the facts of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Sappington police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built for success. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal outcomes for our Sappington, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Sappington area, as shown by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Sappington, MO | Combs Law Group
If you have recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Sappington, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Sappington, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, gather evidence, and construct a robust case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your Sappington DWI arrest will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated.
Combs Law Group has helped hundreds of Sappington, MO-area residents from all walks of life take on DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and aggressive advocacy with a commitment to personal service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Sappington, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to achieve complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Sappington, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call for a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Sappington, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.