DWI Lawyer Richwoods, MO
DWI Lawyer in Richwoods, MO. Facing allegations of driving while intoxicated (DWI) can be a daunting experience, especially considering the likely repercussions for Richwoods, MO drivers. Beyond the immediate consequences of a minimum 60-day suspension of your driving privileges, hefty fines, elevated insurance expenses, and enduring points on your license, the aftermath extends to enduring damage to your reputation within your Richwoods community or your professional sphere. Also, international travel prospects may be constrained, with countries like Canada prohibiting entry for people with a DWI conviction on their record.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Richwoods, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group immediately at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-obligation consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Richwoods, MO Area?
Having an aggressive and proficient DWI lawyer on your Richwoods, MO case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and achieving a more favorable outcome such as reduced charges or even dismissal. At Combs Law Group, our seasoned Richwoods, MO DWI attorneys are dedicated advocates for all our clients throughout the Richwoods, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Richwoods, MO DWI case the personal attention you expect and craft a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible results.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Richwoods is second to none, and we are committed to total client satisfaction in everything we do. When facing DWI charges near Richwoods, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial hardships you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Richwoods, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Richwoods, MO, it’s natural to feel nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you are facing accusations of impaired driving. With extensive experience handling numerous DWI cases in Richwoods, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Safely pull over. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and select a well-lit safe area. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being stopped for DWI in the Richwoods, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary data. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Avoid the portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are often deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Richwoods, MO DWI lawyer regarding whether to undergo a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in the stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Richwoods, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free case review. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Richwoods, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an lawyer well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique situationDriving under the influence has severe legal consequences in Richwoods, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is vital, and a Combs Law Group attorney will do that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Richwoods, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Richwoods, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri involve two distinct components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in significant consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, defining it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be reduced to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our experienced Richwoods, MO legal team makes sure that the citizens of Richwoods, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. In addition to DWI defense in Richwoods, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, such as:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Richwoods, MO, you will likely be facing class A misdemeanor charges, which include these punishments:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be anywhere from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, verifiable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet of a DWI case in Richwoods, MO has to do with your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue deals with the revocation or suspension of your license. Many Richwoods, MO-area drivers may not be aware that , provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Richwoods, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the Richwoods, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and strive to mitigate the impact of a DWI arrest on your life. We will compile evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, pinpoint potential holes in the Richwoods police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built for success. Call us today at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible outcomes for our Richwoods, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Richwoods area, as highlighted by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A DWI Lawyer Who Wins in Richwoods, MO | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated in Richwoods, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. The sooner you can get a skilled Richwoods, MO DWI lawyer to examine documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your Richwoods DWI arrest will be greatly reduced, if not eliminated.
For numerous individuals in Richwoods, MO, Combs Law Group has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm blends top-notch legal expertise and aggressive litigation with a commitment to personal service and communication that stands out among DWI law firms near Richwoods, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys promise that no matter the time, no matter the situation, and no matter the circumstances, they will be able to answer your call and discuss your case or any other legal topic. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Richwoods, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP to schedule a free initial .