DWI Lawyer Pevely, MO
DWI Lawyer in Pevely, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is likely one of the worst experiences a Pevely, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driver’s license for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face increased insurance costs, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Pevely, MO community or your workplace could take a significant hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries such as Canada prohibit individuals with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you have been pulled over and are facing DWI charges, you need a top-tier Pevely, MO DWI lawyer on your side right now. Call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online so that we can get to work building your defense right away. Our attorneys are available for free, no-obligation consultations where they can discuss the specifics of your case with you and plan your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Pevely, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and effective DWI lawyer on your Pevely, MO case can be the pivotal factor between accepting a DWI conviction with severe repercussions and achieving a more favorable outcome such as reduced or even dismissed charges. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Pevely, MO DWI attorneys are dedicated advocates for all our clients throughout the Pevely, MO area facing DWI charges. Whether this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm will give your Pevely, MO DWI case the personal attention you are looking for and create a legal strategy that is built to get you the best possible outcome.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Pevely is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in all that we do. When facing DWI charges near Pevely, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial challenges you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Pevely, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Pevely, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Being stopped by law enforcement for any moving violation is something that can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you’re facing accusations of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Pevely, MO, our firm recommends that you take the following course of action if you are ever pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Ensure a safe pull-over by using your turn signal, selecting a well-lit area on the side of the road, and opting for a shoulder or nearby parking lot if available. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Remain calm and cooperative. Remain calm and composed. Being hostile to a police officer will only make them more likely to search your car or subject you to increased scrutiny. Being polite goes a long way when stopped for DWI near Pevely, MO.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement officers are looking for any excuse to continue an investigation and arrest you, so it’s wise not to provide unnecessary data. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you would rather not answer without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are primarily used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Your conversation with an attorney is entirely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Getting advice from an experienced Pevely, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues that arose in the stop, or clarifying other concerns can be the crucial difference between facing months of license suspension and potentially having your case dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Pevely, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of incarceration. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is crucial, and a Combs Law Group lawyer is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Pevely, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has serious legal consequences in Pevely, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Knowing the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group lawyer will provide that and more during a free consultation. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Pevely, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your DWI Case in Pevely, MO
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: a criminal side and a civil side. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense possibly resulting in significant consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, categorizing it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program called Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our skilled Pevely, MO legal team makes sure that the residents of Pevely, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in bad situations. In addition to DWI defense in Pevely, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If you find yourself facing a second DWI arrest in Pevely, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, which include these penalties:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which can be between from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This prevents someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Continuous, trackable alcohol monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Mandatory participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet in a Pevely, MO DWI case has to do with your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue handles your license revocation or suspension. Many Pevely, MO-area drivers may not be aware that , as long as that appeal is filed within 15 days of your initial arrest in Pevely, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the Pevely, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, rest assured that our firm will tackle both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, scrutinize the details of your case, identify potential holes in the Pevely police report or arrest, and create a strategy that is built to win. Call us right now at (314) 900-HELP or contact us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting the best possible outcomes for our Pevely, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Pevely area, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Pevely, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Pevely, MO, you likely understand the urgency surrounding your case. Swift action is crucial in securing a seasoned Pevely, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, amass evidence, and build your case, the higher the likelihood that the repercussions of your DWI arrest in Pevely will be substantially mitigated or even eradicated.
For numerous individuals in Pevely, MO, Combs Law Group has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm combines top-notch legal expertise and assertive advocacy with a dedication to personal service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Pevely, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI lawyers assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or circumstance, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This commitment is an integral part of our pledge to gain complete client satisfaction, as affirmed by our satisfied clients.
After you have been pulled over and arrested for DWI in the Pevely, MO area, make (314) 900-HELP your first call for a free initial consultation. Trust the experienced Pevely, MO DWI attorneys at Combs Law Group to diligently handle your case.