DWI Lawyer Park Hills, MO
DWI Lawyer in Park Hills, MO. Getting pulled over and accused of driving while intoxicated is likely one of the worst fears a Park Hills, MO-area driver can have. Not only will you be stripped of your driving privileges for a minimum of 60 days, you will have to pay a substantial fine, face increased insurance premiums, and have points on your license for years to come. Even worse, your reputation in the Park Hills, MO community or your workplace could take a substantial hit, and your ability to potentially travel out of the United States could be limited, as countries such as Canada prohibit travelers with DWI convictions on their record from entering.
If you find yourself in the challenging situation of facing DWI charges after being pulled over in the Park Hills, MO area, it’s crucial to enlist the support of an experienced DWI lawyer in Park Hills. Waste no time; call Combs Law Group as soon as possible at (314) 900-HELP or through our online contact form to initiate the process of crafting a robust defense for your case. Take advantage of our attorneys’ expertise through a free, no-strings-attached consultation to discuss the details of your situation and your next steps.
Have You Been Pulled Over Anywhere in the Park Hills, MO Area?
Having a tenacious and proficient DWI lawyer on your Park Hills, MO case can — and often does — make the difference between pleading guilty to DWI and suffering all its consequences, and having charges reduced or even dismissed. At Combs Law Group, our experienced Park Hills, MO DWI attorneys fight tirelessly on behalf of all our Park Hills, MO area DWI clients. Whether this is your first encounter with law enforcement or if you are dealing with DWI charges again, our firm is committed to providing your Park Hills, MO DWI case with the attention it deserves. We formulate a legal strategy tailored specifically to securing the best possible results for you.
Our record of success for those accused of DWI in Park Hills is second to none, and we are committed to complete client satisfaction in all that we do. When facing DWI charges near Park Hills, MO, prioritize making (314) 900-HELP your initial contact. We provide free case reviews and, at Combs Law Group, we are devoted to working with you, accommodating any financial challenges you may be facing, to mount a robust defense against your DWI charges in Park Hills, MO.
What Should I Do After I’m Pulled Over For DWI?
After you have been pulled over by a police officer who suspects that you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs near Park Hills, MO, it’s natural to be nervous. Any encounter with law enforcement for a moving violation can trigger a “fight or flight” response, and this is amplified when you’re accused of impaired driving. Having tried hundreds of DWI cases in Park Hills, MO, our firm suggests the following course of action if you find yourself pulled over for DWI:
- Pull over safely. Safely pull your vehicle to the side of the road. Use your turn signal, and choose a well-lit safe location. If you are on a road with a shoulder, pull over there, or find a nearby parking lot. Try to avoid parking on grass.
- Stay calm and cooperative. Maintain composure and cooperation during the encounter. Hostility can escalate the situation and lead to increased scrutiny. Politeness goes a long way when being stopped for DWI in the Park Hills, MO area.
- Avoid self-incrimination. Exercise your right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. Provide the officer your license and insurance/registration, but don’t give them any other information. Law enforcement is seeking any reason to continue an investigation and arrest you, so do not give them any. You can always choose not to answer potentially incriminating questions, like “Have you been drinking?” by saying that you prefer not to respond without legal advice.
- Do not take a portable breath test. While Missouri does have an implied consent law that automatically revokes your driver’s license for one year if you refuse a breathalyzer or a blood test, this only applies after you have been placed under arrest for DWI. Portable breathalyzers are frequently deemed unreliable and are only used to establish probable cause for an arrest.
- If you are arrested, call a lawyer as soon as you can. Conversations with an attorney are completely confidential and privileged under Missouri law. Seeking guidance from an experienced Park Hills, MO DWI lawyer about whether you should take a breath test at the station, addressing any issues during the stop, or other questions you might have can make the difference between losing the ability to drive for months and your case potentially being dismissed.
Being charged with driving under the influence carries severe legal repercussions in Park Hills, MO, encompassing fines, the suspension of your driver’s license, and the possibility of jail time. Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the potential consequences is critical, and a Combs Law Group attorney is ready to provide detailed insights and more during a free consultation. DWI laws can differ across jurisdictions, even in smaller areas neighboring Park Hills, MO, emphasizing the importance of seeking guidance from an attorney well-versed in the local legal landscape for personalized advice tailored to your unique circumstancesDriving under the influence has severe legal repercussions in Park Hills, MO, including fines, license suspension, and possible jail time. Having a firm grasp of the potential outcomes is essential, and a Combs Law Group attorney will do that and more during a free case review. Laws regarding DWI vary by jurisdiction, even small areas neighboring Park Hills, MO, so it’s advisable to consult with a lawyer familiar with the laws in your area for specific advice tailored to your circumstances.
Fighting Both Sides Of Your Park Hills, MO DWI Case
DWI cases in Missouri have two components: the criminal aspect and the civil facet. The criminal punishments for DWI in Missouri are undeniably severe, with even a first DWI offense potentially resulting in significant consequences as outlined in accordance with Missouri law, categorizing it as a class B misdemeanor:
- 8 points on your driving record
- Up to 6 months in jail
- Up to a $500 fine
- A 90-day drivers’ license suspension, the last 60 of which can be restored to a restricted driving privilege (RDP) permit
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program known as Substance Awareness Traffic Offender Program (SATOP)
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan, also known as a Certificate of Financial Responsibility or an SR-22
Our knowledgeable Park Hills, MO legal team ensures that the citizens of Park Hills, MO receive the best possible legal presentation, no matter the circumstance. After all, good people often find themselves in dire situations. Along with DWI defense in Park Hills, MO, our attorneys are experienced in many types of cases, like:
What Happens If This Isn’t My First DWI?
If this is your second DWI arrest in Park Hills, MO, be prepared for the prospect of dealing with class A misdemeanor charges, encompassing possible penalties like:
- No more than one year in jail (any jail sentence for a second DWI must include a minimum of 10 days of “shock time” in jail before possible suspension of sentence or probation)
- Maximum two years probation
- Fines of no more than $1,000
- The suspension of your driving privileges, which ranges from one to five years
- You must install and maintain, as well as pay for, a breath alcohol ignition interlock device (BAIID). This keeps someone from starting a vehicle if their BAC is over a certain limit.
- Regular, trackable alcohol consumption monitoring (either by regular breath tests or a wearable device)
- Required participation in a drug/alcohol treatment program
- Required purchase of a high-risk auto insurance plan (SR-22)
The administrative facet of a DWI case in Park Hills, MO relates to your driving privileges, and how the Missouri Department of Revenue manages your license revocation or suspension. Many drivers in the Park Hills, MO area do not know that they have the option to appeal the automatic suspension or revocation, provided the appeal is submitted within 15 days of your initial arrest in Park Hills, MO.
When you enlist the impeccable services of the Park Hills, MO DWI lawyers at Combs Law Group, you can be confident that our firm will promptly address both facets of your DWI case as soon as possible and work hard to minimize the effect a DWI arrest has on your life. We will gather evidence, look at the facts of your case, identify potential holes in the Park Hills police report or arrest, and develop a strategy that is built for success. Give us a call today at (314) 900-HELP or reach out to us online.
Some of our recent DWI/DUI Victories
Our track record for getting optimal results for our Park Hills, MO DWI clients is unequaled in the Park Hills area, as evidenced by these results:
St. Louis County man with multiple past convictions has DWI charges reduced.
Serious felony DUI charges reduced to a lower level.
Contact A Park Hills, MO DWI Lawyer Who Wins | Combs Law Group
If you’ve recently faced arrest and DWI charges in Park Hills, MO, you are probably well aware that time is of the essence when dealing with your case. Swift action is critical in securing a seasoned Park Hills, MO DWI lawyer to review documents, gather evidence, and build your case, the better the odds are that the consequences resulting from your Park Hills DWI arrest will be significantly mitigated or even eradicated.
For numerous individuals in Park Hills, MO, Combs Law Group has been a beacon of support when facing DWI charges. Our firm seamlessly blends unparalleled legal expertise and assertive litigation with a dedication to personalized service and communication that is unmatched among DWI law firms near Park Hills, MO and throughout Missouri. Our DWI attorneys assure you that, regardless of the time, location, or circumstance, they will swiftly answer your call to discuss your case or any other legal concerns. This is part of our commitment to complete client satisfaction, which our previous clients can attest to as well.
If you find yourself pulled over and facing DWI charges in the Park Hills, MO area, prioritize calling (314) 900-HELP for a free initial .